Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Maria2089

I'm sleeved!!!!

Rate this Entry
Just a quick update. I am officially sleeved! I went in to the OR at 8:30 and was out around 10 sometime (not exactly sure since I was out of it). I was super nauseous and in a ton of pain immediately after. Took a ton of doses of different pain meds and anti nausea meds to finally get me comfortable. Was brought up to my room around 12:30/1:00. Now I'm just kind of in and out of it and the left side is sore especially if I try to adjust myself. I can't quite fall asleep I'm just nodding in and out. My doctor does the leak test while he is still in you so he said everything looked good so tomorrow morning I should be able to start some liquids but right now I can have ice chips.

I just wanted to give you all an update and also thank you all for all the support and encouragement and prayers and good thoughts! You guys are great! This site really makes me feel good. It feels so good to see how much everyone on here cares about each other! Thanks guys!! =)

Submit "I'm sleeved!!!!" to Digg Submit "I'm sleeved!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm sleeved!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm sleeved!!!!" to Google

Comments

YAY!!! Congrats! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Oh my goodness woman. Get some rest! Lol. If I hadn't been so loopy post surgery I would have been posting too! Actually went back and had my gallbladder removed 2 months after my sleeve and as soon as I was back in my room I was calling my boss. Needless to say I don't remember the conversation-just her laughing at me because I was still drunk from anesthesia!
    Best of luck to you!!!! Welcome to the other side!!!!!
    Maria! glad to hear that everything went well!
    Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected. Did they give you morphine? All I know is I sent one million text messages to my friends and family bragging about morphine, lol. Happy recovery to you, girl!
    Congratulations!!! Your thru the toughest part. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpossible318
    Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected. Did they give you morphine? All I know is I sent one million text messages to my friends and family bragging about morphine, lol. Happy recovery to you, girl!
    Yes I have a morphine pump and press it as needed. My mom keeps freaking saying I'm pressing it too much lol. I'm like first off it only allows me to do it so often no matter how many times I push it lol and second I NEED it! Lol
    Glad the morphine works for you, I can't use it because it make me SO anxious and the anxiety just makes the pain worse. Glad you are feeling well, let your body rest and so glad you are on the sleeved side now!
    Congrats! So glad to hear from you! Smooth recovery!
    Congratulations! I can't wait for my day! 25 more to go! So happy for you!
    Congrats 2 u! U sound great! Now get some rest and don't worry abt posting!
    Congratulations on becoming sleeved! I hope you have a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Yay how exciting! I am jealous you were allowed to have ice chips. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterGal
    Yay how exciting! I am jealous you were allowed to have ice chips. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Thank you! And yes I'm glad I could have ice chips! They have been my saving grace from this dry mouth from the morphine!!!
    congrats....dont fret will get better and will be loving it!! Rest now lol
    Congrats to you, rest up!