Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ShrinkingViolet

Hanging at 149

Rate this Entry
I've been at 150-ish since I hit it, my goal weight, at 5 months post op, which was.... February 17, 2012. I guess when I arbitrarily named 150 as my goal to the surgeon, I was spot on! According to the BMI scale I am still technically "overweight" but the BMI scale can go stick it where the sun don't shine, you know? I FEEL good. I feel like I LOOK good.

Plus, I have been focusing on building up strength and muscle, and they say that muscle is denser/weighs more than fat, so it is likely that I AM still losing, but since I am gaining muscle, it is evening out as far as the number on the scale.

All I know is I have never felt better, and if 150 (or 149, as today's case may be) is my number, then I am ok with that!

Submit "Hanging at 149" to Digg Submit "Hanging at 149" to del.icio.us Submit "Hanging at 149" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hanging at 149" to Google

Tags: bmi, weight Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love your attitude. BMI sometimes can be so discouraging. Congrats!!
    Great job! You should be proud.
    what a healthy perspective!!
    Congrats on reaching your goal, keep up the amazing work!
    congrats on reaching your goal! I think you still have a greater possibility to go beyond that goal.
    How wonderful for you! Allthe hard work is worth it in the end, isn't it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamor2011
    congrats on reaching your goal! I think you still have a greater possibility to go beyond that goal.
    I definitely am not "finished" - there is still a lot of fat and skin, and also, a journey like this is never done, but I feel like I have conquered the demon that has been with me since puberty, you know? Everything from here on out is "normal" keeping in shape.