Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Monique

19 days post sleeve

Rate this Entry
I love the way we all post and encourage each other. Thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting on it! I started to write because I wanted to go back and see my progress, not just physically but emotionally as well. Like everyone else, my journey has it's good and bad days, but let me tell you - I feel so positive about what the future holds. I'm thrilled with how my body has responded and I'm determined to use this tool - to become healthy again.

I do weigh everyday, it's a new habit I want to get into. However, I honestly don't let it get me down. I know that my body needs to adjust to the new stomach and the new "me". I haven't hit a one month stall - yet... so I can't speak to that... and hope I never have to!

So update on me, I'm still managing to get 60+ grams of protein in. I can't say I like the unflavored (no such thing) powder in my food, so I drink my two protein shakes everyday and then suppliment that with what I am eating.

I haven't delved into the carbs yet. Just don't want to go down that road. I just know that one bite will set me off, so if I don't take that one bite, I will be good. (That's todays way of thinking, I'll let you know if that changes!)

The incision that is giving me the most "problems" (itchy and sometimes sore) is the middle one under my bustline. Speaking of bustline, I have moved into a smaller bra size already! Cup size the same, but the around size is smaller - whooohoo!

I've been reading the posts about "body noises"... I have the gurgling when I drink too fast. I get the hiccups if I eat too much. It's a symphony I tell you! So far, I haven't had any embarrassing situations with the noise.

I did have a day last week that was interesting. For work the managers and directors went to a retreat. Lunch was served. I ordered a soup, couldn't eat it - asked for the only other kind of soup they had (minestrone) which was to laden with "stuff" I could only eat a bit of the liquid. I did, however, bring my G2 - and was able to just sip my way through the workshop.

That evening, I was invited to join a good at a restaurant for birthday party. The restaurant they chose had NOTHING that I could eat at this stage. So I asked for a cheese omelet, nothing else. I had maybe 5 bites and had to pay $9 for it.

So, I have learned my lesson, from here on, I'm bringing my own stuff!

I wanted to share this link with everyone:
http://www.muhealth.org/documents/ba...klet%20VSG.pdf
This is PDF (70 pages) but it's the most comprehensive guide to the surgery that I've read. It's very helpful for pre-during-post surgery questions, guides to eating and tells you the WHY of what is happening.

I printed it up and I'm using it as a guide and for when I have questions.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Submit "19 days post sleeve" to Digg Submit "19 days post sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "19 days post sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "19 days post sleeve" to Google

Comments

Thanks for sharing your experience this far and also for the link! Continued best wishes on your journey.
    Monique, I love the guidelines from the link that you provided. These guidelines have a lot more stages than my program does. Great information. Can you believe we are 19 days out????
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Monique, I love the guidelines from the link that you provided. These guidelines have a lot more stages than my program does. Great information. Can you believe we are 19 days out????
    Hard to believe that we're almost hitting the ability to eat food again! how are you doing on the weight loss? I can't tell from your ticker.

I love the tips on the guideline, so helpful and stuff that I've never heard before!
    thanks for the link and guidebook... I just printed it I'm 15 days away from a new me!!! So excited and so thankful for your post and encouraging words!!! Please keep them coming!
    Hey Monique how is everything I havent chatted with you since the day before our sleeves were done, hows it going i have been losing like crazy im going through my second stall ive lost 58lbs since my pre op diet 11 lbs pre 47 post ...hope things are going great for you good luck....

Chuck..