Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

paradoxcowgirl

Rate this Entry
My one year WLS surgiversary was 11/05/16. I have met my weight goal. For year two I will maintain my current weight (around 136#) and not freak out with normal 1-2lb fluxuations as long as I know it’s bloat and not cookies causing it!.

My plan for my goal is: Continue to track every single thing I eat, good or bad in myfitnesspal (I’m on a 278 day tracking streak as of today) tracking is easy with the phone app, so no excuse not to.

Meet my protein goal of 80 plus grams per day.

Stay under 75g carbs per day (my brain works best over 50g, any lower and I get wonky).

Move my body more during the work day where I’m only tied to the desk if I don’t remind myself that I’m actually not (and do more weekend activities appropriate for the season: hiking, riding, snowshoeing).

Not buy trigger foods under the guise that they are for my husband! He can eat trigger foods on his own time away from home (he has a 1.5 hour commute (3 hours total per day) so plenty of time for his snacking in the car, if he chooses to do so.)

Continue to blog my post WLS thoughts/experience for my own record, and if others happen to follow the blog that’s cool too. ( I blog at getridefit.wordpress.com )

That pretty much sums up my weight maintenance goal for 2017, I just want to be in the same size jeans/clothes this time next year that I am now...something that has never happened in my life!

Submit "2017" to Digg Submit "2017" to del.icio.us Submit "2017" to StumbleUpon Submit "2017" to Google

Comments

Congrats on your WLS anniversary!! Glad you hit your goal. I'm only 8.5 weeks out but am so excited about the prospect of hitting my goal weight. I am blessed that my sister went through this 5 years before me so that's been very helpful. And I love the support on this website. It helps immensely to talk to people who are going through and have been through the same things. Cheers to 2017 and maintenance!!!
    Congrats on 1 yr!! I'm almost 6 months out and a long way to go to reach goal.
    Congratulations! I LOVE the plan! That usually always works the BEST. I WISH YOU CONTINUED SUCCESS IN YOUR MAINTENANCE ������
    Great work! I've maintained for over 2 years, but my plan is much less complicated. I just eat how I should (never counted anything, I am just sure to eat protein at every meal and snack, and drink a lot), weigh myself daily, and exercise. I admire those of you that track and all that. To me that's too much like being on a diet. We're all different, but on the same path! Best of luck to you.