Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tifflw86

What am I doing wrong? :(

Rate this Entry
I feel like I am eating SO LITTLE, and I am not losing the way I thought I would. I actually gained a pound yesterday and it was still there today. I know I shouldnt weigh every day, but it is something I look forward to (or not) every morning. I was completely unsuccessful with the LapBand, and I am terrified this is going to be the same. I do not want to fail again. I am eating protein first, mostly chicken or tuna, and sometimes tuna on a cracker just to switch it up a little.. Maybe I just need to completely cut the carbs. I have PCOS so I know NO CARB is the best way for me to lose, I just thought with the sleeve I would be eating so little I would still lose. I am just sad today, a little discouraged, and worried. I also know I should be more patient... But I want this fat off me! I want to be a normal woman with a period, and I want to have a baby when I am done losing. That is the main goal here, and it still seems like I will never reach it.

Submit "What am I doing wrong? :(" to Digg Submit "What am I doing wrong? :(" to del.icio.us Submit "What am I doing wrong? :(" to StumbleUpon Submit "What am I doing wrong? :(" to Google

Comments

Sorry to hear your bummed!!! i understand what you feel. Just remeber every day is a new day to lose and you may need to change up your routine a little to shock your body. new workout or one day do liquids i had to do this to break my stall. maybe you need to eat just a little bit more. try diffrent things and see what your results are. i too weigh myself everyday, bad habbit but i cant help it. GOOD LUCK!!!
    gaining weight will happen. Don't be harsh on yourself. I'd be posting 3 times a week if I posted everytime I gained something, or was at the exact weight as the day before. If it's going to bug you that much like others say weigh yourself once a week... It will drive you less nuts. If your weight loss isn't great a week no big deal. It's not a quick fix, it's a journey. It takes time. Let the sleeve do it's work, you do yours and continue to eat the right stuff. UP your water, UP your protein.
    Maybe you are not eating enough. Now that I am a few months out I find that on the days that I eat more I usually see the scale move. Not getting enough calories and protein makes your body think it is starving and it tries to hold on to every ounce of fat it can for fuel. Just a thought....
    I agree with Angella67, maybe you're not eating enough and your body is in starvation mode. We all go thru this I know I have. I would suggest maybe keep a diary of everything you're eating and go over it. You might be surprised what you will find. I keep a record of everything I eat including my vitamins, because some I take in gummy form like Vitamin D and Calcium.
    Will Tifflw86 I too agree with Angella you probably need to eat. I'm a year post-op and I know that feeling all to well. Stop watching the scale everyday. Weight your self once a week. I also put on a few pounds while I was losing weight I think that is normal. I also had stalls! The longest stall I had was 3 weeks -_- it was driving me crazy. But the number one thing that I will say is eat. Do not be afraid to eat, just make sure you get exercise as well. Hope this helps :-)
    I agree with the others about eating too little. That is the first place to start. Get all your protien in and keep in mind, you are not even a month out. Its amazing how quickly we lose with this surgery, but it still doesn't happen over night. Keep in mind that even when the scale doesn't feel like its moving your clothes are probably starting to fit differently already.
    Please dont weigh everyday, it is a recipe for disaster. From what I have read, band to sleeve folks do lose a bit slower. Log your food, protein, etc and do what your dr says and the weight loss will follow.
    I can't stop looking at the scale everyday, but the key is not eating too little and not eating too much. Protein first [about 3 oz], and about a 1/2 a cup of veggies for meals. Eat every 3 hours and if you have something to drink then, you are 1 hour around your eating or you will feel sick. I got in the habit of eating constantly again {binging} just in smaller portions and I started to gain weight. Control of our diet is still a reality and will always be. I hope this helps. I have to work on it everyday! Good Luck!!!! Shirley
    I agree with the other comments. It's weird I know but to eat more may actually mean you'll lose weight! If your body doesn't feel it's getting enough it goes into lockdown and stores what it gets. A survival thing. Are you eating 60g + of protein every day? I find to do that you actually are eating quite a bit. Also fluid intake is so important with weight loss. I find I retain water so easily that if i do not drink enough I just don't lose. Wishing you all the best.
    One last thing...you could be in a "normal" stall. I was at the same weight and even up a lb for 10 days between weeks4-5 post surgery. I knew I was doing the right things so didn't stress too much and then when it finished I lost 3 lbs in 2 days...hang in there!
    Eating so little does not always cause weight loss, sometimes it causes weight gain. You know that right?
    Wern't you just sleeved like a month ago?
    I don't think you are being realistic with yourself...I'm sure it took you years to gain all the weight and now you expect it all to come off in the blink of an eye. That just doesn't make any sense. You need to really read the post on here and see that the average person loses 1-2 pounds per week on average and even then some weeks we don't lose anything. I suggest that you reflect on your eating habits and see what you can do to try and eat a clean, high protein diet. There are so many resources out there online that are FREE! You just have to look. This is a marathon not a sprint...settle in and take care of yourself one day at a time! Each day is a new day....make the best of it. And for the love of GOD throw the scale really deep under your bed where you have to slide under to reach it. I bet when you were fat you wern't weighing yourself everyday, why are you putting so much pressure on yourself now?

I feel like I have worked for every pound I have lost...I eat well, exercise my tail off, and stay active! I plan and prep all my meals every week. I love that I can lift things without my back hurting, that I can jump on a trampoline, and ride bikes with the fam. If anything...this surgery has helped me live life again!

I really hope you can see the bright side of things and stop focusing on the stuff that doesn't matter in the long run! Find what works for you and put in your grind!!! The weight comes off

Here is the websites I use to help guide me:

Bodybuilding.com - Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 1: Building Muscle - Bodybuilding.com
    Menu Plan Your Butt Off Weekly, Healthy Menu Plans : Shrinking Kitchen
    Skinny Ms. - Womens Fitness - Healthy Recipes and Workouts for Women
    Recipes for After Bariatric Surgery | Froedtert Hospital | Milwaukee, Wis.

If you need more, I have more!!!

Best of Luck Chic,

Kacie
    Oh and instead of eating crackers, I use a slice of cucumber (that's just me though)
    theworldaccordingtoeggface (taught me this)
    I find that I too started to lose more weight when I upped my calories. I went from 800-1000 per day to just about 1200 per day. I am losing 1-2 lbs per week, and that is just fine! There have been times/weeks where I didn't lose at all...I lost a lot (30 lb) during first month after surgery...I then didn't lose at all in February...So, hang in there...The weight will come off, so long as you aren't eating carbs, or eating poorly. No junk!
    The calorie thing has me exhausted. 800-1000 say some people, 1000-1200 say others. I have no idea what is right. I am a slow loser too (at least it sure FEELS that way) and I am afraid to go over 1000 which is kind of crazy, really. You have to lose weight at 1200 too, right? For me right now, making it into the 900 range is rare anyway, but I am frustrated too!