Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ShadowCruiser

1. Guess which kid is considered "healthy" (non-VSG related, but relates to food and nutrition)

A minor rant, although not VSG in nature .....

Flash back last month: Older DD well kid check up. Has been in the 99% in height and weight since *birth* (born at 9 lb 11 oz and I'm only 5 feet tall!!). She's not 'fat' but she is not "skinny"...she's build solid. Considering my weight issues, this is a very sensitive subject for me. Scores based on BMI in the 85%tile (mind you dropped 15%tile points in 2 years!) This is my kid who will at least try any food I ...
  2. April Fools---but the joke is on me!

In preparation for my May 9th sx date, I am making weekly changes to my diet and lifestyle. I decided April 1 that I would cut coke out (cola, people! Coca-cola!!) I didn't want to do any drastic changes on that Monday since it was my daughter's b'day and it was crazy enough. So April 1 is my go date.

April Fools on ME. It's not really a joke, but I tell you weaning one's self off of the stuff is killer! Head hurt so bad that I needed up dozing off after I picked up the kids from ...
  3. August 5th entry

http://lacesinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

I already have a blog on blogger. Must of my ramblings, fears, and pre-op stuff until my VSG in October. This entry I talk about the obstacles in life, and even though it might not be a 100% perfect day, there are several parts of my day that I did achieve small goals, but goals none-the-less.
  4. Perspective

A friend had posted this on her FB site and found it very interesting. A visual understanding of what "200 calories" looks like with a wide range of food, both healthy and otherwise.

Granted this will be WAY TOO MUCH food to eat after I have my sleeve, but again, it show portion and perspective of what and how much I can eat with the same caloric count.

Photographic Series Showing What 200 Calories Looks Like in Different Foods