Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Pre-op Diet

Hi everyone,
    So, I started my pre op diet today. For my plan it is 3xoptifast products a day. there are some allowed vegetables if you need them. I'm in Australia so its what they do here. I chose a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a soup for dinner. i thought that might make it managable as I dont fancy 3 shakes a day.
    I also bought a Vitamix the other week which i thought would come in useful over the next few weeks and it mixes them shakes up good!
    Now I have to ...
  2. Super sick... Ended up in the ER

Friday 7/25/14 I started throwing up violently in the morning. I couldn't keep anything down all day and left work early to go to my pcp. She of course was full so I saw a NP who didn't know me from Adam. She had no idea what to do with me, I told her about my sleeve and she gave me anti nausea meds. As I was walking out of the room my doctor was in the hall and said you look horrible. I explained what going on and she ordered blood work on the spot. At this point I'm so dehydrated I can barely ...
  3. Psychology Appointment 7/9 PAP Smear 7/10 Endoscopy appointment 7/17/ All DONE!!

On 7/9/2014 I had my Psychology appointment and it was so simple. The physiologist handed my a paper to fill out as he asked the questions.I had to say and mark the appropriate answer. The questions on the paper asked questions like; Are you or have you ever wanted to commit suicide? Have you ever wanted to kill any body? Are or have you ever been depressed? If so for how long? Were you ever treated by a physiologist? Would you seek treatment or ask for help? Is someone forcing you to have ...
  4. Upper Endoscopy/ egd completed today

I has my endoscopy this morning and it went well. I am not tired at all. I have two hiatal hernias and some deteriation of my stomach lining. the surgeon says that the hernias can be repaired during surgery and the stomach lining problem might be a bacteria that he will give me some meds to treat.
    During the long wait time to get the procedure done I recieved an ekg and a chest x-ray. Those were also things that need to be submitted for the insurance approval.
    I can cross that off ...
  5. Endoscopy with no surgery date.

Hi All!
    I was curious about peoples endoscopy experiences. It sounds so scary! Also I am a little worried. It seems that everyone on here with an endoscopy date has a surgery date. I've had my blood work, nutritionist meeting, psyc eval, practitioners meeting, ultrasounds and surgeons meeting. I have a group psych meeting and endoscopy scheduled three weeks from now and my insurance doesn't have a monitored diet prereq. Is it odd that there is no surgery date discussed yet? and If ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast