Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Nashville Bound-Life Goes On-Counting My Blessings-

So first let me get the bad news out of the way. I did not get one of the 6 positions. I will be having a feedback session with the hiring managers sometime after my trip so I will know more then. My current manager was quite disappointed as he feels like I am highly qualified for the position. He is also eager to see what feedback they give me. I was disappointed but know that even getting an interview was an accomplishment. I know many people who did not get one and they have been with the ...
  2. 13 Months Today

Did not realize it but today is my 13 month anniversary of my sleeve. I still have about 21 lbs to lose but I am so happy with so many things in my life. I have really ramped up the exercise going to the YMCA at least 3 times weekly and even running! yes running on the treadmill. Now it is only .15-.20 distance @ 4 mph speed but I am doing it and not dying or worse falling down after. I can do this several times during my 45-60 minute walk. At 56 years of age I am proud of my accomplishment. ...
  3. Getting Nervous

Well...I am now a month away from my surgery, and am getting more and more nervous as the day approaches. I have never been through a surgery before so this is all new to me.

Also I am very excited to start a new journey in my life. I have struggled with my weight for 10 years now. I use food for a comfort, and with that I have become less active over the years. I used to play all kinds of sports, and once out of high school that stopped, and as years went by I began to hate myself ...
  4. Down 50 - Halfway There - And Kidney Stones!

Happy to report that I am down 50 pounds - just 10 days prior to 2 months post-op. Not as happy to report that I got to experience my first kidney stone and if the pain I felt is anything like child birth, I will now declare that I am never going to have children!

I am told that that issue is potentially tied to not drinking enough water - which seems to be the endless scourge. So hard to drink water when you are used to guzzling an entire glass or bottle after the gym and knowing ...