Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 1 Day Post Op

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve and hiatal hernia repair yesterday. Everything went good with the surgeries. Most of my pain now is from the hernia repair, (which definitely doesn’t feel good. I had temporary mesh and sutures put in to repair the muscle.) This morning I’ve been able to eat a little over half a sugar free popsicle and am now dipping my water. I was able to tat my meds with a sip of water today, they had me take each medicine 2 minutes apart. I will say the capsule (not time released ...
  2. 3 week post op

Beside my big scare last week, and three days in hospital again, things have been back to normal for the past 9 days. I still have little pains here and there, can't really carry anything heavy but that's ok.

I banned all meds in tablets (still have to take a PPi for 3 months to avoid ulcers), switched to capsules I can open, and do the same with vitamins. So far so good, and the awful horse pill is waiting for my next post-op in August, to be discussed with the surgeon. I hope I ...
  3. Regain and carbs

4.5 years post OP, I was doing fine. Got lax with my sugar intake and snacking and gained about 10 pounds. Did keto for a year and got down to 125, felt great. Then I got really sick, turns out a kidney stone was blocking a tube and I got an infection. Had two months in bed and 3 surgeries. Lost all my muscles and appetite. To get me to eat, everyone was focused on "what sounds good" or bringing milkshakes. Once I was back on my feet my appetite came back BIG TIME. I have gained 25 pounds ...
  4. Quack quack

Two months ago, a wild duck established camp on our patio, in the concrete flower boxes. We didn't see her right away because the was hidden in the flowers, but when she was discovered we could see 12 eggs in her nest.

One month ago, 11 ducklings were born, one egg didn't hatch properly, and two ducklings died early, they were smaller and not walking well, I guess they had some kind of genetic issue.

Tomorrow, nine ducklings turn one month old!
    Since we live ...
  5. Day 13: complications

On Wednesday early evening, I had a friend over, we were walking in the garden when I suddenly had a really acute belly pain. Was so weird! It started around 6PM, when I was drinking water.

My last small meal was at 4 PM, dinner at noon etc..so I went first to the ER next to home, then after two hours, since they were doing nothing, I remembered my surgeon wrote his mobile number on one of the script, so I called him.

I could barely talk the pain was so bad, he said ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast