Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

anaustin

Lap Band to Revision Sleeve?????'s

Rate this Entry
I had lapband in April of 2010 over the year and a half i lost 35 pounds but in August of 2011 my port had a leak and I gained 55 pounds. I now have lost some of it and at the same weight i was when i had surgery two years ago which is kinda of dissapointing. I am now getting the sleeve done on August 1 im excited and nervous at the same time. So the questions i have for other revisioners are:

If you were unsuccessful with lapband has your sleeve been successful?
Was the recovery alot different?
Do you feel the restriction? I know with lapband sometimes I would be extremely tight and couldnt eat anything and on other days i could eat a whole lot.
And any other advice you would love to give?

Submit "Lap Band to Revision Sleeve?????'s" to Digg Submit "Lap Band to Revision Sleeve?????'s" to del.icio.us Submit "Lap Band to Revision Sleeve?????'s" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lap Band to Revision Sleeve?????'s" to Google

Tags: lapband, revision Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi anausin. I am in the exact same boat. I just found out today that I was approved for a removal of the band and a revision to the sleave. Sorry I cannot help you as far as what type of success I have had with what you are talking about. Good luck!
    Your time frame sounds a lot like mine, lap band 2009, remove 2011. I went from 190 to 230 without band. Had sleeve April 17/12 and I am almost back to 190 and I feel like that is when My journey with sleeve really starts. I had no complications with surgery, had to repair some scar tissue from band so took about 15 min. longer. This feels so different from the band. No sense of pulling and foreign object in body, no fills, no problem with hunger, small meals, protein shakes, water, sip sip sip,, The surgery was easy for me to recover from. I went solo and flew home to Toronto and was driving the next day as I was not taking any pain med. It is different for all so remember this is my story. Hope yours will be similar. I am now eating quite normally,just smaller, a few exceptions no problem. They will come soon. I will just add I am 70 and feeling great.
    I guess this is becoming more of the norm these days with those who have had the lap band initially. I had my band put in August 10 with no complications I managed to lose 70lbs until the band slipped not once, but twice within a six week time span so the doctors removed it.

I was in shock because I gained all the weight back within 7 months and I was totally bummed. At first I said that I wasn't going to pursue any additional surgeries but then my doctors started encouraging me to think of another avenue.

So here I am day four post op of my sleeve and I'm feeling like an emotional roller coaster even though I had no problems with the surgery, minimal pain. I'm looking forward to meeting with the surgeon on Monday so we can discuss my concerns and to start working towards my goals.

Good luck and best wishes.
    Updated 06-30-2012 at 08:07 PM by Dtour (add more info)
    I had a band in 2009 and then in 2011 had it removed due to a slippage, I gained back part of the weight, but never really got down to my goal with the band. I am having a sleeve on July 19th, I too told myself I wouldnt have surgery again for weight loss, but I am ready. I dont want to gain all of the weight back and I want to get to my goal. I have heard nothing but positive stories from people in regard to the sleeve. Looking forward to my journey. The only bummer is my best friend is mad at me for doing it. But I told her its my life and my decision. I think she is just worried about me. I'm ready.
    I didnt do well with the band, I threw up alot, trying to eat things I couldnt. Had fills and unfills, and never really got the hang of it. I am hoping the sleeve will be a better fit for me.l
    Hi i got banded in 2005 and only lost 40 pounds. In October of 2011 my band eroded into my stomach (they dont know why) and I had to have it removed in November. After going through an abcess in December and an infection at what was the port site, I swore no more surgeries for me. Then something terrible happened, my blood sugars went crazy. I had forgotten that the band prevented that from happening. I had to go on metformin. I then decided to get the sleeve. My blood sugars are more under control and I have lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks. I am at a stall right now but it helps to read all the blogs about how to get it moving again. I hope this helps. Getting sleeved was the best thing I have ever done for myself!