Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

Day 4 of pre op diet

Rate this Entry
Today I am dizzy and have a big headache! All day so far. Bluuurghhh. I'm trying to up my water and I'm just thinking of it being all good practice for afterwards!!
Hopefully I will get past this stage in the next couple of days anyway and not have to much trouble from there.
I feel a bit rotton but I'm staying cheerful about it!!!
The worse thing is that I need to write a couple of reports before Tuesday and my concentration is in my boots.
How long did you feel the dizzy for, if you did?
Solidarity to my friends on the pre op diet :-)

Submit "Day 4 of pre op diet" to Digg Submit "Day 4 of pre op diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 4 of pre op diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 4 of pre op diet" to Google

Comments

I didn't have headaches or dizziness on my pre-op diet. How much protein are you taking in? How much water? Are you still on vitamins or has your surgeon taken you off?

The pre-op diet is very difficult for many people, and I was no exception.
    Hello Panda,
    Well its pretty stict, 3 optifast proucts a day.I've got soup and shake and bars. Works out at 58g of protein and 602 calories. I upped the water and feel a bit better tonight so I'm hoping that I turn the corner tommorrow. It's pretty tough but I thought I might end up having a bit of a whinge on day 4!
    And yes I take lots of vitamins.
    Onward :-)
    More water and I feel heaps better :-)
    I did not get headaches. But my pre op was not as strict. Hang in there. You can do it. And it'll totally be worth it!
    I'm hangin in Christie! More water really helps x
    Are you having less caffeine? That always gives me a headache. I'd have a cup of coffee if it's OK with your doctor. (Was with mine.)

Good luck. I was told if I was hungry to just have another shake. Not fun, but it for a short part of your new skinny life!
    I'm still having coffee! I think it's just pretty strict and I think the water helped a lot. I'm getting more used to the shakes now but gosh I dont think i will ever love them! Onward :-)
    Quick update... Water is life folks! I can't tell you how much difference it has made by upping my water intake. So much better. i'm going to skip off to make a shake with a coffee shot. I might put it in a snazzy glass and be all fancy pants :-)
    Keep going my fellow pre-op dieters, you can do it :-)
    Great Attitude Stacy, your going to do great. Once you have surgery the first week or two are the hardest than gets much. Better. The surgery was way easier than I thought it would be. Walking and staying hydrated will be very helpful. All the best to you. The Sleeve has been life saving. Can’t imagine my life without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Great Attitude Stacy, your going to do great. Once you have surgery the first week or two are the hardest than gets much. Better. The surgery was way easier than I thought it would be. Walking and staying hydrated will be very helpful. All the best to you. The Sleeve has been life saving. Can’t imagine my life without it.
    Thanks Tamera, I'm very excited, but also y'know a bit nervous.
    I do think it might be a bit rough for the first week or two (though it may not be too bad, who knows!) but I'm trying to prepare myself for that and have lots of plans in place for rest and nice things to pass my time. Also, I guess knowing that it will pass and it's all part of the process. I like to think I'm fairly robust but I'm keeping an open mind and will take all the advice i can get. Attitude is everything though right?
    Sounds like you are a legend too Tamera! How long since your surgery?
    How did you find fatigue? I often think about fatigue as I'm usually go, go,go and will have to slow down!!
    I started a beautiful crochet project 2 years ago and its still sitting here! I may get that out and give it a bash again :-)