Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Think

One Month Out

Rate this Entry
So yesterday was my one months 'surgiversary' and SO glad I did it (had the sleeve done)!! My activity level has increased, I feel pretty darn good and going to see some family this weekend that I have not seen for a few months so will be excited to hear their responses!! I would really love for my brother to have this surgery, he is REALLY the one who needs it!

Am in the middle of my first stall, but it is one of those things that most will endure so why would I be any different? It's nothing to lose sleep over, that's for sure!!

When I get back I plan on starting in some strength training in addition to the walking I have been doing. Depending on how that goes, I will also add in Zumba as I love to dance and have a set of Zumba DVD's to put to good use.

I did a set of 1 month measurements, and am SO thankful to have lost over 16 inches total from my body!!! Those are inches that I was NOT sad to see go, and am thrilled are gone!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Submit "One Month Out" to Digg Submit "One Month Out" to del.icio.us Submit "One Month Out" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Month Out" to Google

Comments

Really great to hear you are doing so well.
    Congratulations! Tomorrow will be my one month "Surgiversary" as well and have lost a total of 24lbs according to Mondays appointment weigh in! I only last 2lbs in the past 2 weeks which leads me to believe that I am right there with you in the "Stall" chapter of our weight loss journey! I wont lie I got very discouraged and still am somewhat but after I read a lot of posts on stalls at around this stage it made me feel much better! Tomorrow I plan on beginning a work out regimen that I have devised lol! I also love to dance and rather then using zumba dvds I plan on using youtube and the fitness videos on the tv! Hope that you get the response that you are looking for from families and friends!
    Have a wonderful visit with your family, Shannon. Maybe when your brother see's how well you're doing, it will be impetus for him to start the journey.

16 inches?! that's amazing Just remember that as you wait out this stall.
    Quote Originally Posted by erinja
    Have a wonderful visit with your family, Shannon. Maybe when your brother see's how well you're doing, it will be impetus for him to start the journey.

16 inches?! that's amazing Just remember that as you wait out this stall.
    Erin, I sure hope that is the case! He has wonderful health insurance that covers the surgery. I believe he is stuck in the "I can do it on my own WHEN I want" stage. His portion control really out of hand, and he has had a very difficult time in regulating his blood sugars too.

Hoping the weather will be decent, I really don't want to go there and freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanethReinoso
    Congratulations! Tomorrow will be my one month "Surgiversary" as well and have lost a total of 24lbs according to Mondays appointment weigh in! I only last 2lbs in the past 2 weeks which leads me to believe that I am right there with you in the "Stall" chapter of our weight loss journey! I wont lie I got very discouraged and still am somewhat but after I read a lot of posts on stalls at around this stage it made me feel much better! Tomorrow I plan on beginning a work out regimen that I have devised lol! I also love to dance and rather then using zumba dvds I plan on using youtube and the fitness videos on the tv! Hope that you get the response that you are looking for from families and friends!
    That's a great idea about using YouTube for video's, will have to look around and see if there are a couple other exercise video's I am interested in. At the very least to watch and see if it's worth spending money on.

My SIL is a pretty good cook, so that will be the biggest hurdle for the trip. Well, that and staying away from the mall.
    So glad to hear you are doing well! Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading about your family's reactions.