Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

leancow

vitamin pills

Rate this Entry
Both my parents have Alzheimer's; my mom is still alive. So I'm constantly taking vitamins that researchers say slow down the process, such as:
ginger, turmeric, vinpocitine, garlic, red rice yeast. Maybe I watch too much Dr Oz, but there is very little Alzheimer's in India. My rule of thumb before I had the surgery was to only take capsules and nothing in solid form. Right now, I'm just sucking on gummy bear vitamins, and the b12 shot they recommended once a week.

Do vitamins hit the stomach the same way. I will not do anything to jeopardize the surgery, but on the other hand my Mom has been sick for 15 years and end stage for 7 years.

thanks in advance for any advice on this!

Submit "vitamin pills" to Digg Submit "vitamin pills" to del.icio.us Submit "vitamin pills" to StumbleUpon Submit "vitamin pills" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think at 6 weeks out is when I switched back to swallowing my vitamins. The chewable kind were making me gag. I think that since our stomachs are smaller now things don't stay in our stomachs as long. But since our intestines are intact we don't have issues with malabsorbtion. I would try taking your extra supplements when you start solid food and see how it goes.
    Can u just buy the spices and use them? I know garlic, ginger and turmeric r in powdered form. Good luck 2 u
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIs4Me
    Can u just buy the spices and use them? I know garlic, ginger and turmeric r in powdered form. Good luck 2 u

I guess garlic toast is out :-)