Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MarcellaJean88

Day 2 Post Op!!

Rate this Entry

Well I couldn't be any more surprised than I am on how I am feeling...
I had a funny experience with mt nurse. When asking me all the routine questions she asked if I've been sick and I said no, I've just had the sniffles... She stared at me with a weird look on her face and said what? So I repeated myself and told her it was just allergies (thinking if they thought I was really sick they would postpone) she started laughing and laughing and saud "oh thank god, I thought you said you had pierced nipples" haha.

Soooo that happened.

I went into my surgery, still never freaked out.. But I did ask for the relaxing drugs.. So kudos for those working. After I got those I remember them wheeling me into the operating room and asking me to move myself to the operating table. My first thought (and an indication that I watch too much tv) is that McDreamy never makes his patients move themselves to a table... But I forgave them quickly once I realized all the other lights in the room were similar to the ones on Grey's. Then I was out.

I woke up to them to tell me to quit moving my legs and arms.. But I was just soooo itchy from the anesthesia.. I ignored them haha and they finally let me start breathing on my own. I told them my pain was on a scale of 7/10 with a 5 being when I needed pain meds. I was also really emotional after, I was assured it was normal. I tried to get my urge to cry before my mom came into the the room. I held off until she met us at the elevator and told me my brother posted a picture of me wishing me luck on Instagram and I started bawling ...and got that out of my system.

The rest of the day went pretty smooth. My pain was very little. I think I only hit the morphine button six times the whole day I was there. Typically after I shifted myself in my bed because my butt was hurting or after getting back into bed after walking.

My inscisions only hurt where my drain was, and that's actually the only one that hurts today too.

My throat is a different story. It's soooo sore. I was told it was because of the breathing tube, but my ear is hurting too so I'm thinking its a mixture of that and allergies because I'm having quite a bit of drainage.

As far as the gas pains go, they come and go usually settling in my back. I am considering it a personal victory every time I pass gas. And I've been having lots of victories today.. If you catch my drift.

My whole body feels like I've been running a year long marathon. But I'll take that over the pain. The man that was in the room next to me yesterday screamed every time he moved.. So I'm just thanking god I wasn't like him, because I thought I would be.

They told me not to weigh myself when I got home yesterday because of all the gas and fluids in me.. So that's naturally the first thing I did when I got home haha.

I GAINED TEN POUNDS! Lol I was shocked because I didn't think it would be that much.. But I weighed myself later and I was down four. I haven't done it yet today.. But I'm already feeling way less bloated. Yesterday my gut was sooo puffy.

The biggest struggle at home is telling my animals they can't cuddle me. But I found if I have a pillow on my lap if they do catch me off guard it doesn't hurt.

All in all I can't complain. You might, because you've read this far

That's all she wrote... Until next time.

Submit "Day 2 Post Op!!" to Digg Submit "Day 2 Post Op!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 2 Post Op!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 2 Post Op!!" to Google

Comments

Congrats on your sleeve! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
    Thank you so much for the humor! I am still giggling. Cheers to your victories, girl!
    Glad you came through everything ok. Loved reading the saga! lol
    sniffles -lol.
    Thank u for your post. Im about a month away frm surgery so i look forward to reading about different experiences of surgery day.
    Im an emotional person so its nice to know ahead of time that i will cry b4 or after surgery that way i can warn my ppl ahead of time lol
    I have also been wondering how im going to tell my pets that we cant cuddle, specially at night bc we sleep together...any tips on that?
    Really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you
    Pierced nipples...that's a riot! Lol I wonder how she even considered thats what u said as an illness lol Keep up the good attitude