Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

niamh

1. New Year's Reflections

I like the new year period. I enjoy reflecting on the previous year, and looking ahead to new plans.

My weight has been pretty stable since the second half of 2013. I'm not as disciplined in staying away from processed/junk food as I would like to be, but obviously it's in small amounts and not a problem weight wise. I am really keen to improve on this now for health/nutrition reasons rather than the weight issue.

I like that thinking about food and exercise for ...
  2. Before-ish and After-ish

Last night I went to a charity ball. They have this event every two years, and I went last time, about 5 weeks after surgery when I'd already lost about 35lbs. I have some fairly grainy photos from both - but anyway it shows some difference!

I'm not very girly so don't get dressed up very often. However, it is lovely that now when I do have an occasion to go to, I can find things that fit and look good.

And, it was a three course meal. 2 years on, I had half a ...
  3. Another exercise NSV

Yesterday I completed a 10k event. This is the furthest I've ever run in my life. I completed it in 1:09:04, just 9 minutes longer than it took me to do a 5k charity event that I walked in December 2012 just a couple of months after my surgery.

Over the next two months I have two more triathlon events (I've done two so far this summer) and another 10k and an 8k event (going to Amsterdam for this one). I am part of an online women's running community which I love being part of. ...
  4. Exercise NSV

Today I completed a 5k charity event that I did last year as well. It is fundraising for cancer research and there are hundreds of these events held around the country through the summer.

Last year I completed in 43:29 and I was a little over my goal weight at that time. THAT was an achievement compared to the 60minute finish time when I'd walked a 5k the December before, about 10 weeks after surgery. Here was my blog post after the race last year;
    http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...ck-me-out.html ...
  5. 18 months out .... update

Hi to everyone, lots of new people on the forum, and I know I'm one of the oldies who has fallen away a bit, but I try and come on from time to time and would be happy to be contacted by anyone who wants to chat to someone a bit further out.

Last Saturday was 18 months from my surgery date. My weight has stabilised and stays between 131-135 for several months now; this morning back at 131. This is below my goal weight (which I set at the weight I was as a young adult before putting ...
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast