Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

candik

1. Simply Inspiring

This is truly inspiring! We all need to lend a helping hand when we see others struggling on their journey, whatever that journey may be.

Struggling Runner Finishes 10K with Help from Police Officer | Runner's World & Running Times
  2. Running Half Marathon for a great cause

Quote Originally Posted by candik View Post
    Running has helped me to become healthier and stronger both physically and mentally. I want to use running as a way to help others so I have registered to run the St. Jude Country Music Half Marathon in April and have committed to raise $2500 for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

I need your help to reach my $2500 fundraising goal. Your donation will help in the following ways:

•Families will never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing
  3. Steel Cut Oats provides constipation relief

About 6 weeks ago I changed my instant oatmeal to steel cut oats. I had read that they are a lot more nutritious than the instant and quick variety. Shortly after that I began noticing that my constipation problems were going away. I have suffered from this for many years and not just since surgery. I can now happily say I am among the daily goers. For those of you suffering give them a try. I add fresh berries, pumpkin seeds, honey, and almond milk to make it a very yummy breakfast.
  4. Afternoon snack

14 months ago my afternoon snack at work would be a chips, candy bar, and a diet soda. Now it is plain greek yogurt with fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of homemade granola. It's funny how the healthy snack I have now makes me feel so much better both emotionally and physically than the chips and candy bar used to. I love how the sleeve has led me to finding new healthy foods to eat and enjoy!!
  5. Didn't realize just how far I have come

I was scrolling through photos today and I had to stop for a second and say "Was that really me?" Back then I was running 10K's and half marathons and even though I was 232 lbs I felt pretty healthy. This picture by no means is a picture of health or even close to what I thought I looked like. When I put the before and the after side by side I am completely amazed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	22944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg 
Views:	685 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	22945
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast