Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Froo72

1. You Can't Roller-Skate In A Buffalo Herd, But You Can Be Happy If You've A Mind To...

I feel good. No, I will go as far as to say that at this moment I feel great.

And I feel that I owe most of that great feeling to the best weight-loss device I have ever tried, your friend and mine, the sleeve.

To date I have lost 156 lbs, the most I have ever lost at one time and the most I have ever lost in a 9 month period. About 5 years ago, during my 4th and final stint with ...
  2. STALL - Ooo, What An Ugly Word!

I always joke that whenever I buy new clothes I seem to jinx myself- I inevitably stop losing. Even though it's a joke, it is rooted in truth. I have had a couple of stalls since my surgery, but they never lasted for more than a week or 2. Awhile back, I was feeling saucy, and since I hadn't bought any new clothes since before my surgery (just "shopped" my closet), I went out and bought a few lovely Fall pieces at a store that never had my size before. One shirt I liked so much, but they ...
  3. Crazy 8 / Motivation Required

I didn't get the 3 week stall like most folks get, but I have gotten an 8 week stall. My scale has ping-ponged the same 5 pounds for over a week.

I'm not devastated or anything. Until now the weight has been steadily coming off, and I figure it's got to start coming off again sooner or later- all I have is time. But I am disappointed that I haven't been making a conscious effort to be active, because I know that would help tremendously.

At times I don't understand ...
  4. Anxiety, Schmanxiety...

We had a great weekend. We told our friends about my surgery. They politely asked a few questions about it, which oddly kinda felt good because I hadn't really had a chance to talk about it with anyone but my husband & Aunt. Only twice did I feel like a sore thumb; once at a restaurant when there wasn't really anything I could eat (honestly, nearly nothing), and once when a co-worker of my husband's, whom I'd never met, kindly brought over a ton of smoked meat and boiled crawfish he had leftover ...
  5. Letting My Anxiety Get The Better of Me

I haven't told anyone about my surgery except my husband & son, and my Aunt & Uncle. The only reason I have told my Aunt & Uncle is because my Uncle had gastric bypass surgery two weeks before I was sleeved, and my Aunt is my very favorite Aunt, so I knew I would get nothing but support from the both of them. My weight has been a topic of discussion and a sore spot in my life for literally as long as I can remember. I didn't want to share my surgery because I didn't want to hear it, ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast