Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ABetterBrandi

1. Surgery w/ Dr. Almanza, random notes

Their process is very organized and a well oiled machine. If you have any questions just speak up, they are very willing to address any concerns.

Just as others have said, the hospital is small and not as advanced as US hospitals. But has all the necessities.

If a staff member does not speak English, they will get someone who does immediately. You will not be ignored or blown off.

The day time and hotel nurses are out standing! The hotel doctor is also ...
  2. What to pack:

Comfortable clothes
    Hibiclens to wash the day of
    Chapstick
    Gas x strips
    Heating pad
    Long extension cord
    Pill crusher if you take meds
    Feminine products even if it isn't that time
    Slip on shoes
    Earplugs
    Alcohol wipes to remove adhesive residue
    Cash
  3. The other side pt 2......

When we arrive at the hotel the nurses were waiting with cold water, Popsicles and instructions. We were to remove our bandages in the shower and wait for the nurse to come clean and redress our incisions. They also gave us another iv of fluids (you have nothing by mouth on surgery day).

I had (have always had) a problem with my veins. The iv at the hospital was never comfortable and I noticed I wasn't taking fluids like everyone else, or at least not as quickly. So back at the hotel ...
  4. The other side....

Before I begin my long winded and hopefully comprehensive account of my surgery and experience I have to say a big thank you to all of you guys. The messages of support, encouragement, and concern has been overwhelming. When planning my aftercare it was important to have a strong support group. You guys exceed anything I had hoped for, I only hope I give back half as much.

Thank you! Your kindness is unmatched!

So, the details....are you ready for a long one?
  5. Today is the day

So, here it is! THE day.

Yesterday my husband and I flew from Atlanta to San Deigo landing just after noon west coast time.

I carried with me two premixed shakes and one bottle of water. I also brought chicken bullion cubes but have not used any. I wish I had brought more water but that's because I'm cheap.

We spent a little over an hour in a cab sightseeing San Diego before we had to met the pick up van at 3pm. La jolla and scripps beach are breathtaking. ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast