Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

scentual1

12 days Post op and I am nervous...

Rate this Entry
So I was weighing myself pretty consistently every day and the scale was going down. I was 240 when I left the hospital on 6/27. I got down to about 224 then all of a sudden, the scale started to go up. As of Friday, July 5, I was up to 230, so decided to stop weighing every day. But, today I weighed again and I am still 230. What gives??? This was my biggest fear before surgery; I would be the one person it didn't work for. How can I be gaining weight when I only eat approximately 500 calories per day? I don't get it. Any thoughts??

Submit "12 days Post op and I am nervous..." to Digg Submit "12 days Post op and I am nervous..." to del.icio.us Submit "12 days Post op and I am nervous..." to StumbleUpon Submit "12 days Post op and I am nervous..." to Google

Comments

Are you getting enough protein and fluids in each day? Just as an FYI, I had my surgery on 6.24 and in the first week I lost 8lbs. Tomorrow I will weigh again to see if I lost anything in week 2 but it sure doesn't feel like I have.
    I am getting the protein in, but probably coming up 8 - 16 ozs short on the water each day (I've never been a big water drinker, but I am trying).
    Your body is in post-op shock, and all sorts of weird and wacky stuff happens at this point. The weight fluctuations have nothing to do with body fat, which is what we are aiming to lose long term. Don't sweat it, it's just your first stall. Keep focussing on following the post-op plan, and focus on your recovery, not your weight loss. You do the right stuff, your weight loss will take care of itself. This is a long-term change, not a fad diet, so don't focus on the scales - focus on the changes that are within your control and you'll be happier and set yourself up well for the long term.
    How are you doing today? I weighed myself and lost 1 pound in my second week, so a total of 10 pounds since surgery. I am going to keep on with fluids and protein and start on some mushy foods today also. Hope you're doing well!
    @needtoknow... I am doing much better today. I weighed this morning and I lost 1 lb. At least the scale is going in the right direction. Like @niamh suggested, I'm not going to worry about it too much right now. It is still early in the game and a long road ahead. Thanks for all the responses.