Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gordita

1. strugglng lately -not whining; just documenting for my long term records

struggling with consistency lately. typical pattern=3 days "on" following all rules. followed by a couple days of not exactly going crazy but not exactly following the rules. eating junk. eating off schedule. comfort eating (job!) etc. then realizing weigh-in day is coming so a couple more days of eating "right." this feels a LOT like the pattern that got me approved for surgery so that in turn is a bit depressing and you know what we do when we're stressed right? we give up ...
  2. Patience is a virtue . Esp when it comes to Pixie Haircuts

I have long wanted a pixie haircut.

So i talked it to death -made my husband, mom, sister-in-law and even my brother vote on it; and keeping their input in mind, decided to wait 30 or 50 more lbs in order to have a less round face when I went for it. That was months ago.

So Imagine my own surprise when I went in for a trim this past Monday and told the girl I'd like a really short, sassy pixie.

And of course I get the one hairdresser in america who ...
  3. Wed weigh in.

Down 2lbs since last wed weigh in. But truly that's down from Sunday when I started counting calories and trying to approach this the old school way.

teh exciting part is that number represents a breakthrough to a new low number bc id been fluctuating the past month or more at around the same 4lbs. so nice to feel i moved past that.

I plugged my stats into several calculators and have a daily calorie range based on those different outcomes that I can live with . ...
  4. Calories And Staying Motivated.

So Im having a hard time in last month or so staying motivated for longer than 3 days at a time. ie i MOSTLY eat right but then will choose to let a party or a whole weekend or food @ work or something throw me off track. then i panic and do right some mroe. so im not gaining per se. but im playing a dumb game where im seeing how close to the line i can get. which is prob a fine game to play once im at goal weight but im a good 70lbs away from that so right now that just smacks of self sabotage. ...
  5. The Two Camps of Post Op Sleevers

i shouldn't need a disclaimer on my personal blog but since it's public in nature I will just say: there are no studies backing this up. It's 100% my own conclusions based on being an active member on this website (WHICH I LOVE).

With that said:

the vsg doesn't fix our brains; just adjusts our belly capacities. As such, sleevers respond to their postop lives very differently based how their brains are wired and not how their new stomachs are plumbed.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast