Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 6 months post op!!!!! And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!

Yes! I was yelling. I mean, who wouldn't be when you are as happy and excited as I am to be hitting this mile marker. Half way through my first year and almost to goal already. Things continue to get easier each day. I am losing very slowly now but that was too be expected. I am just 8 lbs from my goal weight. Not sure when the weight loss will stop. I feel good. I feel healthy. I know that I could go under 120 for my height and probably still look healthy as I am only 4'11". I really ...
  2. Mental Hunger

I'm nine days out and the mental hunger is getting to me. I actually sucked on a slice of pepperoni then chewed it and then spit it out. I can not wait til my two week liquid diet is over.
  3. 7 days out...

Hello everyone,
    I am hoping I can get some advice on some issues I am having. Really, it's just 2. I cannot get enough protein in. I cannot get the protein shakes down. They are so sweet. They leave a horrible taste in my mouth morning, noon and night. I was counting on 60 grams of protein from those shakes. Does anyone have any good recipes for protein shakes that will not be so sweet? Not drinking the protein shakes leads me to the 2nd problem. I am not getting enough liquid in. ...
  4. 6 months Post OP

For starts let me just say that this has been a journey and I am so glad that I decided to embark on it. To be able to cross my legs and wrap a towel around myself are some of my small victories. I recently went to Cancun and wore a high waist bikini.... and IT FELT AMAZING!!! It has not been all peachy though. I encountered an issue with a fissure which was brought on by eating so much protein. I had to find a balance. Also Im not losing as much as quickly as I thought I would. I has been ...
  5. Bad teeth

I always brushed and flossed. I went to the dentist 2x a year like I was supposed to. Then I lost insurance and didn't go to the dentist for 2 years, but I cared for my teeth. All was good, but in the past year my teeth seem to have been deteriorating. As I write this I'm sitting at the dentist office. I have 2 broken teeth, one that has been a 8/10 on a pain scale these past few days. I also have had teeth pulled, and a crown on one. Can't sleep becasue my whole head is throbbing. The only major ...