Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

skinner46

1. Trying out a new excercise program tomorrow at a martial arts place

I got a mailer the other day for an adult fitness program at a local martial arts and fitness center. It's a short term contract of 4 months. "Our program revolves around cardio kickboxing, training with bags, weights, ropes and bands. A well rounded system that will leave you drenched in sweat and burning fat for hours." So I am going in tomorrow night for the tone and sculpt part of it and see how I like it. I am very excited and have to clear with my doctor about the core exercises. ...
  2. Feeling better since starting soft foods

Such an attitude adjustment I had once I started eating soft foods. I feel normal again, with a few adjustments. I ditched the awful protein drinks and whey shots that had artifical sweeteners/food colorings/GMO corn and soy. It dawned on me how those could not help my stomach heal if I was keeping my tissues and cells in an inflammatory state. Those two weeks post-op are tough when you are focused on getting protein and water. And I am still finding it difficult to get in the 64 oz of water ...
  3. one week post-sleeve and had a pity party yesterday

The reason for the "party" was that I ruined a perfectly good operational stomach that was not diseased and it did not deserve the mutilation I willingly subjected it to. I asked G-d to forgive me for doing this to His perfect design and just cried.
    I need to say how frustrating it is to get a decent tasting source of protein (it is not cheap to keep trying different powders & drinks), to remember to drink every 15 minutes and how I worry about my dehydration and lack of ...
  4. Sleeved dec 10th and got home friday the 12th.

I had the sleeve surgery wednesday the 10th, and left the hospital today. i was kept one extra night for problems with nausea and pain. I am not a big fan of morphine-based pain relievers, the extra day I only pushed the pump button once in the morning but was dragging all day and not getting up much except to potty. I wished I had purchased a maternity support belt. I have a wrap they use and it is much too tight. so i asked my nurse if she could bring a bigger size, so she did (it will be ...