Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

teachymcteach

Should I have lost more by now?

Rate this Entry
I was sleeved May 30th and I am officially down 52 pounds today. Should it be more? I know each person is different but I'm just curious. Also, I am now 46 days sober. Huge for me and I feel great. I told everyone how I've been running...it is almost nightly now, but I am soooooooo worried about the extra skin I am starting to see at the top of my thighs. I've always liked and identified with my thick thighs and hips. I'd like to keep them and just shrink my waist. lol. I put on a size 16 skinny jean...granted it was stretchy material....but a freakin 16 jean none the less!!!! In May I was creeping back up to a 24 so this felt amazing!

Submit "Should I have lost more by now?" to Digg Submit "Should I have lost more by now?" to del.icio.us Submit "Should I have lost more by now?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Should I have lost more by now?" to Google

Comments

congrads to you on all accomplishments!

This is not the ITBS test. You cannot score yourself next to your peers, or act/sat tests. You are different, you are singular, you are one.

As long as your continued goal is weight loss, and healthy life, and the scale moves in the right direction, then don't be so hard on yourself.

I will say though, challenge yourself to do different things. Running is good, but switch it up, so you don't burn out on running.

Otherwise, YOUUUUUUU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would take a little extra skin ANYDAY over being the biggest person in the crowd.....
    I had my surgery on 6/6/13. I am down 53 lbs. Don't compare yourself to others, it will bog you down. I started doing it at 1 1/2 months and got really discouraged. So now I just do my thing, as long as I'm losing something each month, I'm happy. My son (4Yr Old) and I joined karate, we both broke our first board this month.
    You are going great! Keep up the great work!
    I did the same thing...worrying that I wasn't where I was suppose to be based on others. I talked to my doctor and he said I am doing good and he would like to see me to lose at least 10 pounds a month. I had my surgery a month before you and I've lost 79 pounds. To me it sounds like you are right on track for YOU!! Keep up the good work!!