Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tyler

1. its worth it

Havent posted for some time so nearly 6 months post op and down 88lb. Pretty happy with that as I have trouble doing exercise. I need 2 knee replacements and 2 shoulder replacements due to arthritis, so walking or weights are out.

Has it been easy, no have had to have dilatations and still need them via the gastroscope as I am still having trouble with protein such as meats. Some days food goes down well other days to eat the same thing no way will it go down, just tried scrambled ...
  2. 46 and a half pounds lost in a month

Sounds a good weight loss but after having a dilation yesterday and more to come doesnt sound to me if this operation has been worth the trouble . So regretting it right now sorry I ever heard of it. You think this is life saving well sometimes it doesnt turn out to be whats the use in losing weight to be like this I am sorry I have done this so much, cause I cant see it getting better at this stage. It had to do with previous surgery not my doctors skill he is excellent and so nice.
  3. 1st night home

Well 1st night home and slept like a baby. My daughter tucked me in , turned over to my side, pillow under my belly, pillow behind me felt like I was pregnant again having the pilow under my belly for support but was all good only problem was getting up 5 times to the loo. But slept on both sides no problem and woke at 9am. Had my weetbix for breaky with pureed apple and a protein shot, has 14.5 grams of protein and these are honeycomb flavour tasted nice so thats my morning, take care all.
  4. am I too old

with so many ups and downs in getting this far am I too old for this surgery? I am 57, will I recover the same as the younger girls and guys my doctor said why not, I just have my doubts and too be honest do I have the energy for it. I wish I had a magic ball that can tell me what to do, I dont want this to be the biggest mistake of my life and boy I have made a few, but dont want to miss the boat either, but I am worried that I wont bounce back as well as the younger ones on here any ideas please. ...
  5. re diabetes

Can I ask how many people have had their diabetes cured by being sleeved? I now have the option of sleeve or bypass, the doctor says better weightloss and more chance to get rid of diabetes with a bypass , so was wondering hows everyones diabetes since being sleeved. Hope no one minds me asking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast