Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Update for 2015

I am still maintaining my weight at 142 pounds. I still live by the principles of eating protein first, listen to my stomach's question of fullness, eat slowly, chew thoroughly, and drink in between meals. I am an endurance athlete, practice yoga, and take care of my emotional and mental stress in ways that are not related to food. I make sure I recognize fatigue and deal with it appropriately. These are all elements of my success that help the surgery be a great tool to accomplish weight loss.
  2. Im excited!

I've lost 3 lbs since starting this pre op diet 3 days ago! 10 days closer to go time! Awesome Sauce! Lol!
  3. Loving my life!

Hi! I am 5 weeks out and loving the new me. I have lost 30lbs and love that I have to get new pants. I am feeling really good and back to my old self just by losing the 30lbs. Can't wait to see how I feel when I lose more! I am able to eat solids very carefully, but I still do a lot of soft food.
    I had a rough 3 weeks after surgery but once I got rid of the gas I am feeling great and love how I am feeling!
  4. 2 Week Post-Op Update

Hello again! I have officially made it to week 2 post-op! I am happy to say that I am down 33 pounds from my highest weight and 19 since surgery! I am a little tired of being on liquids, but it is getting easier each day to get in my water and protein. Currently I am doing protein shakes, Popsicles and jello. I have one more week of my full liquid diet, so I am going to add in applesauce, yogurt and creamy soups this week... all approved by my surgeon. I am excited to see what this week brings!
  5. Recovering

Quote Originally Posted by Michelepbaker View Post
    Hello!
    I just had the gastric sleeve and hernia repair done Dec 21,2015.
    I'm 3 days in recovery and have a few questions.
    The middle of my breast bone area has a lot of pressure no actual pain
    But heaviness. I had a low temp fever the second day that lasted 4 hours but dr said I was probably dehydrated.
    Can't sleep on my right side and I'm having a hard time burping.
    It is impossible to burp. Is this heaviness and
    Uncomfortableness going to