Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon

I can't believe it has already been 9 months since surgery. It has been a fantastic journey and I cannot say stress enough how this has been the best decision for me. I am sooooooo happy I did this. I am thankful for my sleeve, my wonderfully skilled surgeon, the amazing support staff at both my surgeon and PCP's office, and all of you wonderful friends on this forum. My sleeve journey has truly been like a fairytale. I am looking and feeling like a million bucks.
    So I am now 5 lbs below ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big.png 
Views:	326 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	26945  
  2. Two Week Post-Op Update

Things are going great. I'm down 17 pounds! It still takes me a long time to get food in, but it's happening. My typical day is water, then a shake, more water, cream of chicken soup, water, hot chocolate, more water and a popsicle, a shake for dinner and more water until I go to sleep. I didn't list times because that has not been consistent with my work schedule, but I am getting it all in throughout the day.

The only thing I am struggling with is acid reflux. I've tried the milk ...
  3. Tomorrow is my day!!

Hi all,
    We'll I made it through the pre-op diet! Down about 15 LBS IN 2 weeks! It was hard and yes I cheated a little but, with only bites of food. Not hog wild! I am SO tired of thinking about this procedure and being nervous! I am at "whatever". I have to be at the hospital that is 50 minutes away, at 5:00 AM!!! I am the first one scheduled tomorrow!! Yeah!!! I won't have to worry all day but I will get to recuperate all day! The time is OK. I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight ...
  4. Day 2 pre-op liquid

Tell me it gets easier... I have a headache from the lack of caffeine and hunger. Only ten more days to go.
  5. Gastric Sleeve and Ulcerative Colitis

I'm contemplating having a gastric sleeve operation. I have U/C but it is under control and has been for the last 18-24 months. My only concern with having the sleeve is the impact it might have on the U/C. If anybody has any experiences I would appreciate their comments, good or bad.