Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

taranicholle42

1. Two Week Post-Op Update

Things are going great. I'm down 17 pounds! It still takes me a long time to get food in, but it's happening. My typical day is water, then a shake, more water, cream of chicken soup, water, hot chocolate, more water and a popsicle, a shake for dinner and more water until I go to sleep. I didn't list times because that has not been consistent with my work schedule, but I am getting it all in throughout the day.

The only thing I am struggling with is acid reflux. I've tried the milk ...
  2. Day 4 post op - home, well and back to work

Well my original plan was going to be to give you a detailed account of my experience. Let's just say everything went very well and most of what we expected is what happened.

Day 1 (Wednesday, July 19th) Since we had secured our own ride from the airport, we arrived at the hotel just before midnight. Got checked in and were told to be in the lobby ready-to-go at 8:30.

Day 2 (Thursday, July 20th) Left the lobby and arrived at the hospital where we were met to fill ...
  3. One Day and Counting...

Well today we fly to San Diego and tomorrow is the big day! I won't lie...I'm so nervous and have been second guessing my decision, even though I have been so excited. Since mid-May, I've lost 30 pounds and got below the 50% BMI. I know I can do this without the surgery, but the last week or so I have not really lost any more weight, which is frustrating and I get concerned it is due to the low calories, which will not really change after the sleeve; however, I have to remember my reasoning for ...
  4. Taking Back Control of My Life!!

I found my groove back in 2012 and in 16 months lost 182 pounds. I did this with nutrition and exercise. But things happened, my ex went off the deep end and I wound up being a single mother to two awesome kids. We have not seen or heard from him in a little over 4-years, which is good since there is a restraining order. haha...(yes, I can amuse myself by this now).

He hated the fact I had taken control of my life and I allowed his behavior to take it away again! Well not anymore! ...