Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Almost 6 months out, first REAL stall...

I know what I need to do to 'overcome' the stall (make sure I get my fluids in, redouble my efforts to get in enough protein, regular exercise, and patience) but I finally understand how frustrating this FEELS. I've read many peoples' posts about how frustrated they are with their weight stalling out for weeks at a time, I just never FELT their frustration until now.

I have been REALLY lucky and have not really had a stall until now... I had a week here or there where my weight bounced ...
  2. 220 and me forever.

I went out Saturday to celebrate with friends...my first restaurant after surgery, I bought snacks, drinks, and came home with leftovers. I grazed all Sunday on those leftovers, polished off the wine, are the reduced T-bone steak I bought at the grocery store on the way home ( in 3 meals, it wouldnt fit otherwise).....

And.......

TADAH!!!!!!

Monday morning .....

I still weigh 220!

Not 221, not 219...

It escapes ...
  3. Exercise, food, weight loss

The first 5 weeks the weight was just coming off very easily. I started with 266 at surgery and at around 230 the weight took a couple of extra days to come off. A single pound can make all the difference in terms of motivation. At this point I had just been walking about a mile to a mile and a half per day. So I went to the gym and increased the distance to 3 miles; the weight started coming off again. I was also able to tolerate more protein shake and more soft food quantities. I've been sticking ...
  4. I'm Trying, The Scale and The Wardrobe

2 weeks out and I'm trying to balance the dilemma between the scale and the wardrobe. I lost 15 pounds in the first week and now.....nothing. Granted it's only been two weeks but there I'm feeling a bit frustrated. I want to lose, lose, lose. I'm following all the rules. On the other hand, I've already thrown out some baggy-butt underwear and my clothes are getting bigger.

Why am I so addicted to the scale? Is this a stall, already? Mind games are trying to win!
  5. 4 wk stall @ 13 weeks(3mo)-how to break it?

I'm not here to gripe about a stall, but I would like to know if there's anything else I can do besides what I'm doing to break it and get back on track to lose these last 10-15lbs.

I'm tracking all my food on MFP, hitting on average 750-800 cal a day. Yet I've tried a day or two a week of up to 1000 cal, using mostly nuts or meat to up the calories not junk, the past 2 weeks to see if that would "jump start" it, but it didn't affect up or down. I'm getting about 60 g of ...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast