Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Starting my 5 day pre-op diet today

I'm just now starting the 5 day pre-op diet. I can't believe in 5 days I'll be having the surgery. I know it will be good for me and all the positive results I see on this forum is encouraging.

I've got a new wifi scale and got all set up on myfitnesspal
  2. Day 5 of Pre-Op Liquid Diet

Well, this is fun! Is it possible to chew chicken broth? 10 more days to go. Speaking of go, can't wait to take the magnesium citrate tomorrow, should be a good day!
  3. 9 days to go...

I'm 9 days from my surgery date today!! For now, the nerves are gone and I'm really excited. I have my pre-op appt in two days. I have to say that I feel very prepared for this journey, the good and the bad. I've worked with the team at Mt. Auburn Weight Management Center in Waltham and they have been great. I am thrilled to be part of their practice for many years to come as I journey into this new lifestyle.

I am not on any special pre-op diet as of yet, besides the diet I ...
  4. Date changed and final surgical consult

I had to change my surgery date because of my work not approving my time off for the original surgey date; so I am getting my surgery on 9/9/14. That is my final answer!
    I went to my second nutrition class today and met with my surgeon and got another EKG, chest X-ray and gave blood for my bloodwork. They are doing 15 different test on my blood. That is the most blood that I have ever given at one time.
    So I will begin my pre-op diet on 9/6/14 since I only have to do a 3 day diet to ...
  5. Pre-Op Day 3 and I Cheated :(

Day 3 into my liquid diet, I decided to cook lasagna for Sunday dinner. I prepared myself by having my shakes in the morning before Church and again right after service.

Dinner time comes and I catch myself grazing while cooking. Then, when the lasagna was done, I had to "try" it to make sure it was good. And that was all she wrote. We pretty much know what happened next.

By the time I went to bed, I felt so guilty and defeated. I have 11 more days ...
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast