Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Day 9 of Pre Op Liquid Diet and I have NOT cheated! Nor will I.

The reason for my post today is that I have spent time reading many message boards where people who have started the pre op diet have cheated and are asking if everything will be OK. This baffles me, I know it is difficult but I for one want to put myself in the best position possible when I have surgery next Tuesday. I would hate to have unnecessary complications or worst case have the surgeon call off the procedure. I have worked hard in getting to this point and would not want to jeopardize ...
  2. Going home

Today, is day two of my pre-op modified liquid diet (modified because my surgeon does allow for a healthy dinner and high protein snacks). My surgery is scheduled for Monday afternoon. I am nervous beyond belief.

Preparing for this surgery is just one of many different things I have going on in my life right now. I have lived in Latin America for the past four years. My job has recently assigned me to East Africa. My family and I will arrive there in late July. Before we head ...
  3. Day 15! I can eat-ish

I finally got to eat some soft/puréed foods today. I tasted a mashed up bit of the pasta I made last night ... Surprisingly not as good as I thought it would be. The mashed up Tuna was the best food I've had in like ...17days! I became more comfortable with the liquid diet than the protein based diet. I'm not a milk product drinker so all the milk based protein drinks made me feel sick and terribly backed up. I mixed them several different ways before I found a mix I could handle. The taste buds ...
  4. 4 days post-op and feeling a little lost.

Hey everyone,
    Hope you have enjoyed the holidays and that your journey is doing great. I'm four days post-op and it feels nice to be on the sleeved side, because I know there is now a light at the end of this tunnel. Although, I'm feeling a little lost when it comes to how much broth I'm supposed to be eating. When this all started I felt ibknew what to do, but now I am lost. I had about 2 oz of broth this afternoon, and I have been drinking on the same bottle of water all day, hard to get ...
  5. Keeping Busy

Well, it's 10 days since my surgery and I am pleased to report I am feeling fine. I will admit to mood swings--yesterday, for example, I was pretty tearful and a bit frustrated with the liquid diet I am still on--but today I am quite cheerful. I've discovered that keeping busy is the key for me at this point. There's no time to obsess over food if I've got my mind on other things. The one drawback (isn't there always a drawback?) is that I forgot to sip as often as I should. I will now be sitting ...
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast