Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Something in my throat.

So I've been getting this feeling in my throat right in the neck area. Like I have food stuck there. I know there isn't because it goes away sometimes. It happens long after I have eaten. Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. second doctor visit

I have just returned home form seeing the bariatric surgeon for the second time. It has been confirmed that I am going ahead with surgery. My date isn't finalized yet, but will be in the beginning of April. I am excited and nervous. I still have to see the dietitians and have a few assessments done, but that will be the easy part. My surgeon wants me to exercise and I can't wait to get back to playing tennis comfortably and joining in other gym classes. I only swim now as I can hide my body when ...
  3. Dealing with the Frustrations of Food Textures

I have a rather odd question to ask you folks. it has been four months since I underwent VSG, and since that time, I have had a HUGE issue with the texture of certain foods (In particular meats).

It would seem that I am unable to eat most meats because the texture once it hits my mouth absolutely, and without question, grosses me out. It is so bad, that I need to expel the food immediately or I will suffer dire consequences.

I've tried not chewing it so much (an idea ...
  4. Chicken and Fish

Sometimes I think I could live off chicken and fish. By itself or on a salad. How do we feel about chicken salad from chicken in a can? Very little mayo or even substitute with avocado. Does anyone have any other ideas about how to prepare chicken or fish instead of just grilling it or baking it plain? Seasonings or different kinds of marinade? What to eat them with?
  5. Week 10 update

Errrrmygawd what can I say... I am loving my sleeve!!! It is the best thing I ever did. Everything seems pretty much back to normal now. My energy really returned after week 6, it was tough going until then but now I'm back running and back at the gym and 16kg down. I really feel fortunate and want to pinch myself. Life is sweet for sure.

I am eating delicious seafood quite often. I do eat some meat too but my preference is seafood. Luckily we have some of the nicest seafood here ...