Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Three years out and I am not processing food???

I thought i was over my eating issue I posted about lst week but apparently not. if left on my own i completely forget about food till its too late and by the time i begin trying to make myself something to eat i get sick. And i am sure you all know after you throw up because you didnt eat doesn't really make you want want to eat at all.
    My surgeon finally ordered a upper GI to see if they can see a reason for my lack of appetite and no desire to eat. lately I notice that when i try ...
  2. 12 Weeks Post Op - Random Thoughts

This last Tuesday was my 12 week post op anniversary. I don't really know how I feel about it. For some reason I thought I'd be much further along than I am, but can't complain since I'm officially 54 pounds from my highest weight.

Obviously my recurring theme is lack of exercise. I hike every weekend, but don't get much else by way of real physical activity on the weekdays.

Some random thoughts I've had these last few days:

• I am very disappointed
  3. Received my surgery date!

HI everyone!

Today I got the call that they have scheduled my surgery tentatively for February 18th. I am going for my endoscopy next Friday and barring any problems with that, I should be fine. I also have to have clearance from the nutritional person and the psychiatrist.

So I am on my way. I am excited --- and a bit scared. I am wondering if I am doing the right thing, but on the whole, I am ready. Ok, maybe almost ready.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PenquinInspirationImage.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	21890 ...
  4. 12 wks post op

What a great tool this surgery is! Mexico was a scarey thought but my health has improved so much! Wont lie @ 1st I thought what have I done to my self and in mexico! Ive lost almost 50lbs & no diabetis meds & b/p meds feeling realy good ! It dose work! For me its been worth it I never could of done this in the states im 136Lbs now haven't been this size in years!
  5. Why did I do this?

by , 10-23-2014 at 10:31 AM (This Rollercoaster has Been Derailed!)
    My weight loss goal is right at 100 lbs. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, gastric reflux, lower back disc extrusion, and depression. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Like I said elsewhere on these forums, I look at it like getting immunizations. Doing this surgery is preventing me from developing more/worse comorbidities and complications down the road that are a certain death sentence. I wouldn't walk into a room ...