Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Notes from bariatric surgery orientation, surgeon Dr. Mark C. Takata, Scripps Hospital, 9/16/2019

This is my intrepretation from the orientation. There may be content errors; consult with your surgeon if anything is different from what you've heard.

1. Marcia (mar-see-a) Chavez is the go-to person on insurance and what to do next steps.

2. Dr. Takata really enjoys being a bariatric surgeon because:
    a. Bariatric surgery makes a giant impact on the lives of patients, more than many other areas, and akin to the impact that organ transplantation has
  2. I did it!!-Going for Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-44 is the new 20-My Surgeon Rocks

I did it! I completed my professional designation. I am officially have a Senior Claim Law Associate. And then I saw if I complete an additional book I can get a Silver and with another book a Gold. So guess who is going to sign up tomorrow for the next book?? This girl right here. I am so excited. The only thing is for Gold I will have to wait until after January since I will have already used my full $5K tuition assistance from my work. And I have no intention of paying out of pocket. ...
  3. First Post op doctor follow up

Had my first visit with my surgeon today. It was weird because I was in with him for about 2 minutes! He looked at my stomach, said that it was healing nicely and that I have lost 22 lbs since May 7th and he was happy with that. I guess I was expecting greater weight loss.

I think it's important to note that although it's only been a week since my surgery, I had to learn alot on my own. For example, I was so weak and couldn't get my fluids in. I realized that the gas was awful, so ...
  4. Post-op!

Well I'm now sleeved! I had my surgery on November 19th. I can't say anything better about my surgeon...he's amazing! The nurses were incredible too.

I did have a bit of an issue with the pain at first, but got that under control very quickly. I had zero pain when I had my lapband inserted so this was new to me.

I'm now at home and am being very careful of taking tiny sips of fluid and keeping it down. I want this revision to work for me. I worked the band ...
  5. Medical Tourism, Destination Mexico- Part I

Medical Tourism: Weight Loss Surgery
    Part 1: Travel Abroad:Mexico, and Patient Care Facilitator

Have you considered of going abroad to have weight loss surgery in another country other than your country of origin? Having weight loss surgery abroad is starting to be a new trend around the world, known as Medical Tourism. In fact this trend is starting to be seen more and more around all nations, and making this a fast growing new market. It may not be something you considered ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast