Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Also...

I totally started my period on the day I was having surgery. I texted my friend who used to be theatre bariatric nurse and she was like 'Holy shit, you are such a midwife'!!!
    Paper knickers. It's all cool, theatre can cope with this.
    So, don't be worrying about your cycle! :-)
  2. Keeping it real!

So, day 4 and I've cried 4 times. Last night I had pain around 1 am and thats usually in the hospital when they would give me tablets. So anyway, because i'm home now I wasn't keen on having morphine, so I just had paracetemol and was awake for a while, and in the morning I wished i had just taken a stronger one.

So I sat at the kitchen table and cried, while the doc did comforting reassurance and a quiet chat about how adequate pain relief can be a wonderful thing. I try to avoid ...
  3. I need help

I need help getting back on track. I have fallen off track and cant get back. I am gaining and its just so frustrating
  4. Fat Guy in the Room

For the past 52 years I’ve been the fat guy in the room. I don’t really know if that’s what people thought about me but it was how I felt. I always tried to be funny and crack jokes at my expense but I was never comfortable in my own skin. Over the past 9 months I have lost 119 pounds. I’m no longer the fat guy in the room. But I still feel like I am. I look in the mirror and think who is this guy? I love the way my body is changing and I hope at some point in time my mind changes as well. I don’t ...