Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. All things bowels!!!

Well, this is often a question that comes up and post any surgery bowels can be a pain in the bum!!! Being a nurse I don't get too upset with bowel conversation and i have been known to bang on and on about bowel care and even suggest that I would like to care for the bowel habits of world leaders, as I think it really does have an effect on how people conduct themselves!!! It can cause moodiness, confusion (especially in the elderly) and all kinds of things, so we must look after them!!! Yes! ...
  2. 10 days post op

I haven't posted since my surgery, I've been busy. I am doing fantastic. I flew back to Canada on the 13 and took the 14 off of work since I flew in so late. And went right back to work on the 15th. I haven't had any issues even with people eating around me. I get my stiches out this Friday, and I signed up to a gym that is right beside where I work so I can stop there right after I'm done work for half an hour.

I haven't been tired or anything, I feel more energetic, although I am ...
  3. A Year Without a Turkey Trot

I got the bad news on Friday that I couldn't run my annual Turkey Trot this year due to dental surgery I had. I was so disappointed and at first I wasn't sure why. Then I realized running is part of the "new me." I started running before surgery, but it's been an important part of becoming a healthy person.

Here's what I wrote about it on my blog, Down the Scale:

https://downthescale.com/2017/11/20/...a-turkey-trot/

4. Week 8 Update

Yesterday (11/19/2017) marked my eight week post-op anniversary, and as I look back over the course of the past two months, I have come to embrace the many successes and failures I have encountered.

To say it has been trying is an understatement. Having undergone VSG surgery six weeks after my wife had her VSG found me in the mindset that I can consume whatever I so choose within the parameters of the VSG diet. I couldn't have been more wrong. I found myself getting physically ill, ...