Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rwalli1022

1. Feeling accomplished....finally!

It's been a month since I've been sleeved.

So far, I've lost 30 lbs, 5 1/2 inches but what I feel best is that for the first time in 29 years I have been able to workout on the treadmill doung 3 mph for 35 minutes non stop without feeling like I'm goung to die!! Lol.

When I'm dobe, I can still walk, my knees don't hurt, my back doesn't ache and I feel like I'm going to survive the ordeal.

I know it seems weird, but the first time I did this I cried ...
  2. It's getting real!!

Hi Everyone,

13 days to go until my surgery! I wasn't really giving it any thought until today!

I woke up to 4 calls. One from my family doctor confirming my ore-op work up. Two from my insurance company registered nurses (2 different nurses). Going over my surgery, recovery, etc, and one from my surgeons nurse coordinator confirming my A4 hour pist op class. I guess I will be attending this and coming home with a binder that tells me what to expect for the next ...
  3. Shocked!

I'm still in shock! After hearing how my insurance will give a hard time for the Bariatric approval process, even though it is a covered procedure, I just called my insurance company.

They received the paperwork on January 8 and it was approved on the 9th!

My pre-op class is scheduled for January 22 with surgery being on February 2nd. I didn't think this would happen so fast. I feel like I'm going to wake up from a dream!

I'm now on the hunt for ...
  4. Surgery is scheduled!

My surgery has been scheduled for February 2, Groundhog Day!

I can't wait for that day. I go for my 3 hour nutritional consult on January 22 and am waiting insurance approval. However, that takes 3 days to 2 weeks.

With my insurance company I have no nutritional consults or visit requirements.

So, I'm just excited to get this month over with!
  5. Barium test

My Doctor just ordered a post op barium test to see if I had scar tissue from a prior surgery when I was two (50 years ago). I found out I have little scar tissue,which is great news. But I do have a small hiatal hernia caused from my acid reflux.

I'm not sure what this mean. I Can't wait til I see my surgeon in January 6. I'm hoping my surgery usnt postponed.

I'm doing this to help with acid reflux!

The time can't come soon enough for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast