Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Amber Like Woah

1. I am alive! 3 week and 4 day update!

Sorry I have been MIA for a while!

I am doing pretty okay after surgery. I still have the occasional sad day, but for the most part I'm pretty good!

Typical things I eat:
    Mostly refried beans with salsa and cheese.

On two occasions we have been out and had no soft food options so we got the best option and chewed chewed chewed the hell outta some food till it pretty much was pulp. One occasion I had the inside of a chicken fajita taco with a dab ...
  2. 11 days out! Finally an update!

Okay, first I apologize for the crap ton of typos I'm sure this is going to have, as I am on my iPhone!

Well, what to say... 11 days out and I'm down 15 pounds!

As far as pain goes that is very minimum! Robin and I had some pain in the hospital, but the morphine pump made that fine! We were in a suite across from each other and got up often to wall the halls holding hands like I wanted! Out nurses were amazing amazing amazing and the hospital staff was amazing! So ...
  3. Day one post op!!!

Our surgery went well! My stomach is hurting a shit ton on the left side which is normal, that is sure they remove the stomach.

The barium to the leak test was aweful to the millionth degree!! We are now on ice chips, apple juice, and broth! 2oz per hour!! Th morphine pump and valume right now are my best friends!

We have been up and walking, and are starting to move around more!!

I thought I posted something earlier, but perhaps not!!! Overall Robin ...
  4. 13 hours!!!!

So there are only 13 hours till I check in at the hospital for my life changing surgery! I feel kinda annoyed but IDK why... perhaps the lack of eating recently!

My partner Robin and I both are going in tomorrow at 11:00 AM! I have surgery first and she will go second!

I am oddly not worried about the surgery... IDK if its cause I am just ready, if I am really okay with it, or if I am just not fully accepting what is about to happen, either way I am calm and will ...
  5. 7 Days Away!!!!

So we had our final preoperative appointment with our surgeon yesterday. Everything went well. He is so laid back and chill it really helps me!

We did let him know about our cough/cold. He said since we have had it for a week now, as long as there is no fever and we don't get worse, we are good to go!

So that being said..... 7 days till surgery! 7, just one whole week before surgery! We are seeing The Eagles on Saturday and my birthday is on Monday, so that should Help ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast