Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 2 weeks post op today 7/30/11 and a little furstrated

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. I lost 1 pound the whole second week. I'm eating a full liquid diet (blenderized soups, and pudding mainly). There aren't many other items on my list or in my "recipe" book that I like. I'm not a yogurt fan, cream of wheat/rice, and anything sweet just seems yucky. Any suggestions for the weight loss or other full liquid foods to eat? Thanks!
  2. Cheating!!!

Hello everyone, my surgery is next Wednesday and I'm super nervous. My doctor told me to be in the liquid diet or slim fast diet for 2 weeks and I have been cheating. I started very good, and my husband is doing it with me as well for support and because he also has a couple of pounds to loose, but then I cheated and then back to the slim fast but then cheated again. I am terrified to go to my surgean's office on Tuesday. I don't know if he is going to tell me that I have to reschedule my surgery ...
  3. 1 month out!

Hello everyone! I am sorry that I have been MIA lately but I was recently on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC I am one month out of surgery and I am doing great. I have lost 25 pounds so far (yay) and NEVER threw up anything (knock on wood) lol I still have my protein shakes in the morning but now I can pretty much eat whatever I want, just in a smaller quantity of course I love it though! Instead of having 3 pieces of pizza I have a half and im full! Its really great that I can now enjoy the foods ...
  4. 5 days of out surgery

I'm back. Just haven't really wanted to seat at the computer desk and it just too much of a pain to post from my phone. Surgery went good only thing was had to get 4 incisions instead of the one. My colon was being pissy or at least that's what my mom told me they said. I'll be honest getting water and protein and remembering to put something in my mouth is REALLY HARD!!! I have yet to weight myself and write the number down maybe I'll try that out on Monday. Time to put some water or maybe try ...
  5. Back from the hospital!

So, I'm home! Everything went well. When I was in the pre-op room I started panicking a little- thinking about feeling bad- how bad I felt after other sugeries, wondering why I couldn't just lose weight on my own- but soon after they gave me some meds to relax and I fell asleep and I didn't wake up until I was in my room. I was not in a lot of pain, just had to tinkle a lot and it was so much commotion to undo or take with me all the wires and tubes. I have 6 incisions about an inch long. I came ...