Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cooperzmom

1. Psychologist Appointment

I forgot to mention in my earlier blog, the Psych MD suggested a book to read about emotional eating. I got through the first chaper and identified with many things the author spoke of. The book is "Life is Hard Food is Easy" by Linda Spangle, RN, MA. I was able to get a Nook copy for $14.99. If anyone else is struggling with emotional eating, including eating out of boredom, perhaps this book can help.
  2. Still Many Questions

OK, so I had my 1st appointment with the surgeon. I like him and he seemed to be really excited that I never had any other surgeries. I'm the artists' blank canvass I guess! He gave me a list of things to get done and told me the quicker I get them done, the quicker I get the surgery.

One of the things I had to do is contact insurance to see if I need to participate in a 6 month MD supervised diet. I called insurance and all they would say is I can have the surgery if it's medicallly ...
  3. The Next Step: Informational Session

Well, I attended the informational session Tuesday evening, 7/30. I missed a lot of what was said because we were in an open cafeteria that echos and the girls in front of me wouldn't stop talking. In their defense, I think one was translating for the other! All is foregiven!

Actually I learned 2 things. 1. The surgeons are getting away from the lap bands because about 30% of people will need another surgery to either fix the band because it slipped or to remove it. And 2. ...
  4. Annie's Journey

I am starting this blog to document my journey through the bariatriac surgery process.

I have struggled with my weight my whole life and have had success with weightloss and exercise in the past only to gain it all back and then some. I have been 'stuck' for the past few years, maybe it's the over 40 metabolism? Or it's the bad habits that got me here.

Last month my general doctor put me on cholesterol meds but never gave any suggesstions about how to eat ...