Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

delisa

Progress in the last 6 months!!!!

Rate this Entry
As of today I have lost a total of 64 lbs in 6 months. I am planning to do a full mommy makeover mid next year. The full sensation I hope never goes away. I have done my blood test and my b-12 is on the low side along with my iron. I am doing 1 to 2 b-12 shots a week along with my vitamin. Iron supplements I can't really take because it will cause me to get backed up. Overall I am happy with the weight loss so far except for the loose skin I have. I am joining the gym to try and tighten everything up before I do tummy tuck next year. My only wish is that I had a nutritionist or food person to guide me in a better direction of what to eat. Does anyone have any good simple recipes or snack suggestions. BTW i am so sick of all the tea detoxes and protein shake sellers that cost so much money so many people push this stuff. My dr told me just eat healthy and take your vitamins and work out all the other stuff is not going to fix any problems. My biggest weakness is starbucks a skinny iced carmel macchiato. Need to find a healthier alternative.

Submit "Progress in the last 6 months!!!!" to Digg Submit "Progress in the last 6 months!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Progress in the last 6 months!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Progress in the last 6 months!!!!" to Google

Comments

Do you use My Fitness Pal to determine the quality of nutrients you're getting from your food? If not, I strongly recommend it.

I'm only 45 days out, and I get most of my nutrition from real food. A typical day for me is:

Breakfast - omelette of 1 jumbo egg, 2 T 4% cottage cheese, 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese, 1 piece 45-calorie toast

Lunch - 2-3 ounces canned chicken mixed with 2 Ts pickle relish, 2 Ts light Miracle Whip, served on spinach leaves

Dinner - grilled salmon, grilled zucchini

Snack - Dannos Greek Oikos vanilla yogurt

I expect to be able to eat more when I'm 6 months out. But this is about all I can manage now.
    We had our surgery one day apart! Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work.
    I had trouble with taking Iron supplements too. My nutritionist said try the Flintstone children's chewable. Two a day. Only thing to remember is you can't take the iron and the calcium supplemen rd within two hours of each other. It effects the absorption rate.