Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

skinny2be

Confused!!!!???

Rate this Entry
So after much consideration & studying in the mirror I have decided that my butt is confused that it is part of my thigh. What are some good butt lifting exercises?
Which leads into the next part of my blog entry...
Motivation???!!!
I can't seem to find it when it comes to exercising. I want to but I don't. What motivates everyone out here to exercise? Any help or suggestions would be great!!!
Thank you

Submit "Confused!!!!???" to Digg Submit "Confused!!!!???" to del.icio.us Submit "Confused!!!!???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Confused!!!!???" to Google

Comments

I bought a fitbit, and I compete with all my friends that have one. It's really only for walking or running though. I started walking as soon as I bought it and it has kept me very motivated. I'm up to 4 miles per day now. Also, try to set small goals for yourself!! Good luck!!
    I now have a Yorkshire and she helps me with exercising and walking. I find I walk all the time.
    Turn up the music and DANCE! Grab a couple of light dumbells while you're at it. Find something fun so you want to do it. I can't wait til surgery and some lbs off so my feet stop hurting so bad, then I will happily go to a Zumba class, and dance daily at home.
    lunges
    Thanks everyone!!
    squats: feet shoulder width apart, go down as if you will sit-don't let your knees go in front of your toes, so you will need to "stick" your butt back-go down as only far as comfortable, now push up through your heels and squeeze your butt as you lift. do 2 sets of 10 twice weekly.
    donkey kicks: get down on hands and feet, keep back straight, lift one leg up (keeping knee bent) and push the heel towards the ceiling-this is only a 2-3 inch lift (like a pulsing motion)-squeeze the butt with each lift...again 2 sets of 10 for each leg twice a week
    romanian dead lifts (if at a gym-ask the trainer to show you proper form): best if you can stand on something that is 2-3 inches off the ground (sturdy, and wide of course!), you need hand weights or barbell and weights. the heavier, the better-but 10 pounds in each hand will suffice. weight is on floor, grasp with both hands shoulder width apart, keep back very straight and bend only at the waist. you need to use your hams (back of legs) and butt to lift -so squeeze them as you bend up. let your arms "fall" naturally at the waist. go down slowly (keep those hams and glutes squeezed) to starting point. 2 sets of ten, twice a week
    you can also stand at back of chair and squeeze the butt as you lift the leg straight out behind you (this would only be a few inches) in a nice controlled pulse. 2 sets of ten, twice a week
    and remember how important it is to walk! walking has been shown to be just as effective (and more in certain groups) than jogging and running.
    best wishes to you!