Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

About the hair loss.....how much hair do you lose?

Rate this Entry
So, I've been reading about hair loss. How much did everybody lose? I have thick straight hair that I recently had cut to shoulder length. I would be ok with a thinning but would be freaked out by clumps lost.

What % of hair did you lose?

Thanks!!!

Submit "About the hair loss.....how much hair do you lose?" to Digg Submit "About the hair loss.....how much hair do you lose?" to del.icio.us Submit "About the hair loss.....how much hair do you lose?" to StumbleUpon Submit "About the hair loss.....how much hair do you lose?" to Google

Tags: hair loss Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I haven't loss any hair yet and im going on my 8th month post op..I take Biotin, some may swear on it and some may not..I for one swear on it
    I'm wondering the same...I had surg. April 23 and am nearing the dreaded potential hair-loss 3-month mark. So far, so good.
    Try Sheng Fa!
    In my opinion, some people are destined to lose hair while other are not. I started taking the biotin (10,000 MGS per day) a month before surgery along with using Nioxin hair products. My goal was not to lose any of my hair. I have very fine, thick hair and it was about 15 inches long.

About 4 months after surgery, the dreaded loss started and went on for about 4 months, I literally had some places that had no hair whatsoever. I had to cut off most of my hair, just to make it look ok. At first I was really bummed about it, but I took the attitude that I chose this path and I knew what was causing it ( I have friends that lost theirs due to cancer) so for me that made the process so much easier to deal with.

My point is that there is really no magical cure. Everyone is different!

Now that said, I started taking Ultra Hair Plus in January and my hair has already grown about 4 inches in 6 months. I am such a believer in these now.

Best wishes and good luck to each of you

Ultra Hair Plus by Nature's Plus - Buy Ultra Hair Plus 60 Tablets at the vitamin shoppe
    I also took Biotin before surgery and still take 10,000mg of Biotin plus all my other vitamins daily. On top of protein intake I also made it a point to make sure I was getting plenty of essential fatty acids in the form of ground flax seed, salmon, avocado and walnuts. I started losing hair by the hand fulls every day for about a month now! While I knew this could happen, I never thought it would happen to me. I have very fine hair yet a ton of it and it is naturally curly. So far the hardest hit areas are the front at the forehead area and right at the back where the natural growth pattern starts. It is really scary but I knew it was a possibility so I am just going with it!!!!
    I starting losing hair at about 4 mo. Not bald spots just general thining in the front. Kept hair short and waited. Now 14 mo. finding that my hair is getting thicker...more normal. Maybe it is like a cold. Take meds and in 7 days you feel better, take no meds and 7 days you feel better. Hope you will be OK PS When the hair started thinning I thought ...it is worth it, if it gets too bad I will buy a lovely wig in a style I always wanted and my own hair could not handle. lol
    My hair started falling out about a month ago (at about 3 months) and hasn't stopped. I cut it much shorter and the hair I find around the shower drain is equivalent or more to the amount I would find when my hair was twice as long. It falls out like the needles on a Charlie Brown Christmas tree when I comb it, shampoo it, or run my fingers through it. I don't know the percentage that I've lost. Sure it kinda sucks cause my hair was never that abundant to begin with, but I hear it grows back, and honestly if someone had asked me would I rather keep my hair or experience massive weight loss that has the potential to be permanent and put an end to the uphill battle I've fought since I was 8 years old, I'd pick the latter. Wigs can be pricey, but are relatively easy to come by.
    I Never lost any hair. Never used Biotin or any other products. Not sure WHY I have been so lucky, but I'll take it. I always make sure I eat well; protein first! My friend had the bypass and she has not lost any hair either. Good Luck!
    I take 10,000mg of biotin every day and have since surgury...but as of 4 months out the hair falling out began.

It doesnt feel like a lot day to day but it adds up to quite a bit with it falling out in the shower and when you comb/brush your hair.

It may happen to you it may not but there hasnt been one person who said it hasnt regrown so just relax and dream of beautiful flowing thick hair :-D
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this hair thing is totally freaking me out! ugh, i know it's temporary, but it's my hair! waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I haven't had my surgery yet and I'm more freaked out about this then going under the knife! Okay, I will suck it up and stop being a baby over hair.
    No loss here. I have full thick hair. Just take 2-3 Dr. prescribed chewable vitamins a day. Sleeved 6/10.
    I am 3 1/2 months post surgery. Just noticed a couple of weeks ago that I am shedding more hair than normal for me. My hair has always been very fine but thick. Started doing research (that's how I found you all) and ended up ordering a supplement that includes biotin and silica. Will post about the results after I have taken them for a month. Glad to know that the loss is temporary. Am having trouble getting the prescribed amount of protein each day. Will also start supplementing with a couple of protein shakes.
    My Dr told me that as long as you get your protein, don't worry about it. I'm only 5 weeks out so we'll see!
    I didn't lose any hair because I always make sure I get my protein!
    Quote Originally Posted by PipperMarrow
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this hair thing is totally freaking me out! ugh, i know it's temporary, but it's my hair! waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I haven't had my surgery yet and I'm more freaked out about this then going under the knife! Okay, I will suck it up and stop being a baby over hair. :(
    Make sure you find a protein supplement that you like and make sure your getting the amount of protein your MD recommends. You don't have to lose your hair!
    Like I posted the other day, you can see my scalp in front. I have short hair. If it gets any worse I will buy a wig.