Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

smilez19135

6 month weight management

Rate this Entry
I finally have an appointment date set for next week to start my 6 month weight management and I'm super excited. Can anyone tell me what I should look forward to at these appointments?

Submit "6 month weight management" to Digg Submit "6 month weight management" to del.icio.us Submit "6 month weight management" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 month weight management" to Google

Comments

I had 3 months. But its mostly weigh ins. They want you to attemp to lose some weight. But this can be tricky because if you lose to much you would be under the requirement for your surgery. You might meet with a dietitian. And your dr may want to test you for high blood pressure or sleep apnea. These things will help you get approved.
    I had 6 months and it was the best thing for me!! I met with my nurse, the dietician and the trainer monthly but to me the dietician was the most important, she helped me see what i'd been doing wrong all those years and helped me get on the right path to make this sleeve successful long term. The biggest "light bulb" moment i had with her was when we talked about rewarding with food, i never thought about it before but i did that, A LOT ... you reward an animal with food treats, not yourself - boy did that one sink in!! This sleeve is an amazing tool but in the end we have to do the work and change our relationship with food to make it a lasting change and they gave me the tools to do that!! Congratulations on starting your journey, it's not always an easy one but it is TOTALLY worth it in the long run!!!
    Thanks alot
    Yes I'm really trying to learn as much as possible I love reading and talking to people about their journey you learn a lot. I also was 310 in September 2011 but now I'm down to 278 and that took me about a year to lose and maintain well I went down to 271 but broke my ankle last summer and that didn't help. But I completely changed the way I eat the past year and a half. Thanks a lot guys I wonder if I have to lose they haven't said anything about it but I will call and check.
    I have just started my 6 months too. I meet with my nutritionist on Monday. Good luck!! Here's to the next 6 months flying by