Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rnvegas

1. A rough 3 months

My husband and I chose to gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico. For my portion of the surgery everything went smoothly and I am able to eat what I like (obviously much less). My energy is good, no hair loss, and I weigh 193 Pds down from 247.

My husband had gastric sleeve as well and seemed to be right on track with me. At 7 days post op he developed a fever of 103.2 heart rate of 160, and the most severe left shoulder pain he could bear.

I rushed him to the ED and ...
  2. Surgery was on 7/23

Well I arrived home from having my gastric sleeve last night. The medical care that I received in Mexico was similar to care in the US. I was well informed the entire time and had access to nurses. The first 24 hours where rough but that is true after any surgery. Today I am feeling pretty good. I would say my energy level is at 75% prior to what it was before surgery. I am happy with my decision and would do it again in a heart beat.
  3. Heading to the airport

It is hard to believe I'm heading to the airport shortly! I'm still nervous and excited but this morning slightly more nervous I have to admit. I've followed preop diet and am ready. I will talk to you all on the sleeved side!
  4. Pre op Diet

Well started my preop diet and surgery date is quickly approaching! Hard to believe that it is just around the corner. Feeling confident in my decision!
  5. Two weeks until preop diet

Hi I wanted to start a blog mostly because it will help be see how far I have come in this journey. I start the preop diet on July 18. Surgery is in Mexico with Dr Almanza on 7/23. I am excited for this and of course slightly nervous. I am confident in my decision but mostly nervous of how my life is going to change.

My husband and I go out to eat several times a week...going to have to go for a walk instead! I am more nervous of figuring out this next phase when I haven't ...