Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Band2Sleeve

Revision from Band to Sleeve...almost

Rate this Entry
Sorry it took so long to followup with everyone here. First, thanks so much for all the well wishes. It really helps knowing you're all here with similar experiences and positive encouragement.

My revision surgery was last Monday, Oct 29. Doctors weren't able to do the entire revision. Turns out, the band slipped much worse than Doctors here in U.S. led me to believe. I saw it for myself when they did the fluoroscopy. The band was halfway down my stomach. Doctors said my stomach looked like an hour glass. They removed the band but couldn't do the sleeve because my stomach was so inflamed. Right now, the plan is to take the next three months to heal and eat very carefully before returning to Tijuana for the sleeve.

Feeling sad on many levels, but also relieved to have that damn band out of me. Healing well too. One of the incisions had an allergic reaction and is red and blistered a little. Went to ER last night and had them check it. They tell me it will be okay. Just need to continue taking antibiotics, keep it clean, no bandages or ointments, it will heal on its own.

Happy November to all.

Submit "Revision from Band to Sleeve...almost" to Digg Submit "Revision from Band to Sleeve...almost" to del.icio.us Submit "Revision from Band to Sleeve...almost" to StumbleUpon Submit "Revision from Band to Sleeve...almost" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just glad that you're well, and that they decided to give you time to heal before proceeding. Much better to be safe. Keep us posted.
    Hi. I am band2006 needsleeve2012. I was revised oct 17, due to issues with band. My symptoms showed that I was having problems with band after 6 yrs. I was revised by Dr Almanza. Of course we loose slower than 1st out sleevers, but its working. Initially I was scared that I would wake up and they would not be able to sleeve me. But all is well. Certainly worth it. Hang in there. I pray that all works out for u
    I also just remembered that a few people on here have had their bands removed, and then a gap before having the sleeve, for the same reason of wanting to give their stomach's time to recover before having the next surgery.
    Bless your heart. I know that is disappointing but sounds like it was necessary. Hang in there! You'll be sleeved and back on track in no time! Good luck!
    I was so worried I was going to have to wait too but I had the band removed and the revision in one surgery. I feel so "free " without the band, it's hard to explain! If I had to wait, I would take this time to get really healthy and then be ready for the new surgery.
    So sorry that you weren't able to have the whole thing done at once, but my hats off to the docs in MX for actually not doing the whole thing and being discerning enough to know that you needed to wait for your health. before proceeding. Now you won't have to worry about struggling through the holidays, just focus on healing up and then you can get at a whole new start to the New Year.
    Band2sleeve,
    I'm so glad you are alive and healthy. There is a saying I like, God sometimes doesn't say no, he says not yet. His time for you in when your stomach heals enough for the procedure...this is Divine.
    Take care & God Bless,
    Jen
    I am so glad your ok. It'll happen. Take time to recover,and heal before the next big step. Take care,youre in my thoughts and prayers.