Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SarahJane

Time is a Ticking AWAY!!!

Rate this Entry
So Surgery is on Monday and last night I kinda freaked out about it. Could be the lack of Dr. Pepper or the starvation lol I'm not sure. I was laying in bed with my husband about to go to sleep and I just all of a sudden felt fear. I told Joey aka Hubby that I was scared and he hugged me and said he was too. He reminded me that I could back out and it would be okay. However I know that deep down inside I want this to work. So this show is going on!

On a side note, We were discussing my surgery at work and the girls said they are going to have to watch out for me because I'm gonna be on FIRE! lol Just a joke to keep me drinking my protein shakes instead of eating lunch.
We had a party today for a girl who is getting married next month. There was an abundance of awesome food there but my ladies love me so they brought me all different flavors of sugar free jello! Its nice to have people who support you!
My BFF @ work has also been doing the shakes for Breakfast and Lunch she has lost about 5 pounds this week!!! So GO ERICA!!!!

Please remember me when you say your prayers! I need strength!
XO ~Sarah~

Submit "Time is a Ticking AWAY!!!" to Digg Submit "Time is a Ticking AWAY!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Time is a Ticking AWAY!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Time is a Ticking AWAY!!!" to Google

Tags: scared, work Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very nice sharing. I know what you mean about the "fear factor". I too discussed it in bed with my husband many nights before deciding on having it and going for all the tests. He married me heavy and we've been married 37 years and he has never known me to be thin and stay that way..lol... He's in for a treat! It's so nice when you have a mate that understands what you're going through and is supportive. Good luck and you're going to do fine! You will love this journey, and keep that mind on the days when you think, "What the heck did I do "
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Very nice sharing. I know what you mean about the "fear factor". I too discussed it in bed with my husband many nights before deciding on having it and going for all the tests. He married me heavy and we've been married 37 years and he has never known me to be thin and stay that way..lol... He's in for a treat! It's so nice when you have a mate that understands what you're going through and is supportive. Good luck and you're going to do fine! You will love this journey, and keep that mind on the days when you think, "What the heck did I do "
    Yep he married me fluffy to so he could really care either way but I'm READY for this!!!! lol
    It is very nice to have someone to support you like that. My husband was a rock before, during and after surgery. Then the day after surgery, he FINALLY admitted that he was scared the whole time, but stayed strong for me, so i wouldn't be scared, or back down.
    The "fear factor" is normal. I had it a couple times the week prior to surgery right up until I got up on the OR table...I was just about to back out and then I woke up and it was over...I didn't even know the doc gave me anything to put me to sleep...sneaky, sneaky. I'm glad I didn't back out now!!! But, I know what you mean...its almost like a quick panic attack...it would come over me all of a sudden!
    Good Luck! Im having my Surgery in 8 weeks and I'm Very Excited but sooo scared like you. Im hoping my Dr. will give me something for my anxiety the week before my Surgery. You will do great!! You are in my Prayers. Keep us posted.
    I picture myself having those very same conversations. Your coworkers sound awesome! Glad they brought you something you could partake of to celebrate with the rest of them. At least they didn't leave you feeling like a social parriah for not eating the 'goodies'.

How goes the battle with the liquid diet? Are you holding up? Today is the end of day 7 for me and I'm over the cravings, but it was tough tonight. I gave my son (18) cash to go grocery shopping for all the stuff they want to eat while I'm doing the liquids with my daughter (7) and they came home with all kinds of pizzas, pumpkin pie, Coke, fresh deli stuff, etc and I was practically salivating - had to leave the kitchen. Oh well, 7 down, 14 to go. Just remember SarahJane - You can do this! Praying for your fears to let go of you and disappear into thin air, for a soon to be Thin SarahJane!