Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

johnsvh1

Liquid Diet and New Years Eve

Rate this Entry
I'm the type of person that if you said sorry on December 31st you are only going to be able to drink liquids I would pop the champagne and relish it. Maybe I would put down a bread layer on the 30th for maximum drinking time the next day but still, I would be excited about the prospect.
Well, 3 days before my surgery and I was on a liquid diet-unfortunately that was water, broth, and more water. As a joke many of my friends went out and bought those crystal light 0 calorie add ins in flavors like Sangria or Fuzzy Navel and even Mojito. Not the same.
Today as I look at instagram and snapchat and see all the glamorous fun NYE can be I do feel a little left out. I watched Alabama slide in to victory (Roll Tide!) ready to take on Clemson, sent a bad decision text to my ex-boyfriend about what we were doing last year at this time (New York in the snow-my first NYE kiss), and then went to bed before the ball dropped.
But, I am going to be okay with it. Because focusing ahead I have a plan that involves not popping 3 bottles of champagne in one evening to celebrate one day on the calendar, to wear that crazy sequin and feather dress that never came in my size, and to make the day what this surgery should be about-focusing on what I can do better in the future and finding the tools to make it work.

Submit "Liquid Diet and New Years Eve" to Digg Submit "Liquid Diet and New Years Eve" to del.icio.us Submit "Liquid Diet and New Years Eve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Liquid Diet and New Years Eve" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments