Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cocopebbles

Survived My First Holiday Party

Rate this Entry
Today was the first of 3 holiday parties I have to attend for work. I've been stressing for a few weeks about how I would handle it. No one at work knows I've had surgery and some of them haven't seen me since early summer. My 30 pound weight loss was the talk of the town. The comment that was repeated over and over was, "you've lost a ton of weight". Now is it me or is a ton a hundred pounds. I've only lost 30 so far so it's not a ton. I had someone say, "your face was so pretty before". Gosh, I've still got the same face don't I?

I refused to let it stress me out. I enjoyed the time with some really positive people and avoided the Negative Nancys.

I had been stressing about the food and what I would eat. Surprising to me, they had steak kabobs as one of the appetizers. I had a few and was stuffed by the time the pizza, potatoes and dessert came. Yeah. I survived. I nursed a glass of wine all night and didn't really want anything else.

I think I can survive this. I spent the evening socializing and it was great. One of my colleagues sent me a note later this evening telling me how proud she was of me and telling me how beautiful I looked today. She's not someone I've spent a lot of time with in the past. It made my night.

Now, onto the next holiday party tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Blessings ~

Submit "Survived My First Holiday Party" to Digg Submit "Survived My First Holiday Party" to del.icio.us Submit "Survived My First Holiday Party" to StumbleUpon Submit "Survived My First Holiday Party" to Google

Comments

It sounds like you are adjusting to the new you- congratulations! It sounds like it was a nice evening for you. Good luck, and keep up the good work!
    That's wonderful...glad you had a good time ��.
    You can do this!! Just continue to enjoy yourself without focusing on food. BTW, I've lost 55 pounds and no one at work has even noticed. Not one word!!! So I don't know what is worse, them noticing or not.
    Good luck. I down 75 pounds since February. People who have not seen it me, well it is unexpectedly overwhelming. I have two parties left for work and one for a friend who has not seen me since June. I am both excited and nervous. I think we will both do fine.