Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A Realistic Goal Weight

I recently had a conversation with someone regarding my estimated goal weight, and at that time, it was mentioned that my ideal weight might not very realistic (I am looking at 185 lbs, but was told that realistically, I should set my sights on 210-220 lbs.)

At the time of that conversation, I was not very pleased with what had been suggested because - at least to my way of thinking - there should not be any form of outside expectation placed on what goal weight someone should/could ...
  2. 6 months post op!!!!! And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!

Yes! I was yelling. I mean, who wouldn't be when you are as happy and excited as I am to be hitting this mile marker. Half way through my first year and almost to goal already. Things continue to get easier each day. I am losing very slowly now but that was too be expected. I am just 8 lbs from my goal weight. Not sure when the weight loss will stop. I feel good. I feel healthy. I know that I could go under 120 for my height and probably still look healthy as I am only 4'11". I really ...
  3. thoughts on pregnancy and the fear weight gain

So pregnancy has been on my mind so much lately!! I have no kids but i'm very happy with my relationship, i'm 27 years old, and i am financially ready to start a family. I am a year and 6 months post op.The only thing that is scaring me is the thought of gaining weight!! I keep putting this goal of reaching 140lbs in my head before even thinking about kids.... Can anyone give me some positive feed back. My supporters say i look great and that i dont need to loose anymore weight. I think ive become ...
  4. Lean Body Mass

I recalculated my goal weight.

Before I just grabbed a number that sounded good (reachable) out of thin air and plugged it in. Now, I've learned that there is a far better method than just guessing what weight is best for me.

My Lean Body Mass is 163 lbs. This is how much just my bones and muscles weigh. Wow.

A woman needs more % fat than a man does (Yippee for me!) LOL

10 - 13 % is Essential. I should never have less than this ...
  5. I am at goal! Never thought it would work for me like others on this site!

I am at goal weight! Truely amazing! I did not think that this would work for me like others on this site because of my PCOS, thyroid, and high insulin which hinders weight loss. My insulin is still high but I have managed to get to goal! I was at a stall for a while and did not weigh myself for a long time and today I finally weighed in and to my surprise the numbers on the scale was my exact weight loss goal.

Pretty crazy that I was despondent about so much weight gain and poor ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast