Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mom&Mimi

Ugh... :/ Sad and tiered... waiting for that day...

Rate this Entry
I dont know about you guys but since I made my surgery date I've been really down about the way I look....

Deciding to do this surgery forced my to reflect; Reflect my choices, reflect how I feel about myself, reflect my happiness. Truth is I'm not happy right now. I'm embarrassed by the way I look and the fact that I've gain a bit on weight lately. So much so that I've been trying to avoid seeing people until after I have my surgery. I realize that that's not realistic but it's the way I feel. I was having meltdown after meltdown last week about how unhappy I am but this week I seem to have accepted it. I'm trying to be optimistic and just finish my college courses but even though I've accepted the fact that I feel the way I do, it doesn't make me feel better.

I confident that I will feel better even once I wake up from surgery. I know my weight and how I look will not change over night but I think I will find comfort in the fact that i'm starting a new life. I know that once i have this surgery I will not have a choice to look towards the bright future ahead instead of lingering in the present/past like I am now. I hope that the surgery will free me from the shame I have in my self and the way I look right now because it is hard on my family, friends, me and especially my boyfriend. His very sweet and trying to be very patient with me but these days he is constantly being exposed to my sadness and negativity.

Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know
Thanks <3 Mimi

Submit "Ugh... :/ Sad and tiered... waiting for that day..." to Digg Submit "Ugh... :/ Sad and tiered... waiting for that day..." to del.icio.us Submit "Ugh... :/ Sad and tiered... waiting for that day..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Ugh... :/ Sad and tiered... waiting for that day..." to Google

Tags: sad, waiting Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello dear Canadian! Love Canada. My husband and I lived in Vancourver temporarily for nearly 3 years. Gurl, U have just made the most important decision of your life! Yes, I've been there. I'm 60 yrs old and I hate what I see in mirror. I dislike everything I put on. I don't want to be social except socially communicating behind a computer screen. LOL I 2 have been depressed and very sick because of my weight. But once I decided to do this, I knew I had to change - change my bad habits. Not just eating badly, but I wanted to learn to be happy again. So I've done some soul searching. I've learned that the same energy that I put out into the world comes back to me all the time. *The world is always reflecting the energy you're putting out. *You can't improve your life if you surround yourself with energy that brings you down. *Listen to your gut instinct. Start a thank you journal. Everyday focus and write down what you are thankful for. If you are going to school, you have a boyfriend and you r having this surgery, that's a lot to be thankful for. U will be beautiful and u r going to love yourself! I just know when this is over, we will be confident, happy women. Stay positive gurl! Dylee
    I felt the same way. I was full of shame that it i was going to have surgery because i couldnt control my weight. I didnt want to leave the house because of embarrasment. I have lost weight sevral times in the past just to put it back on. But you know what i realized one im not alone and niether are you and two making the decsion to have surgery and take my life back has been extremely empowering i am proud of this desicion. It takes courage to have surgery and change your life. Obesity is a disease if it were easy to loose weight and keep it off we would have done it there is no shame in getting help via wls. Thats my story and in sticking to it